Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Marriott to GP?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2003, 7:19 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Transfer Marriott to GP?

Anyone else having trouble transferring Marriott points TO Globalpass? transferred some on May 11 in my wife's account, a few months early to make sure her account stays active. Points have been taken from my Marriott account, Marriott says it was transferred electronically, GP says they haven't seen the points/miles.

Djlawman
Old Jul 24, 2003, 6:19 am
Original Member
Original Poster

It's like pulling teeth to get GP to do anything. I have sent them 4 e-mails and faxes now, with all of the documentation showing that Marriott deducted the miles from my wife's account on May 11th! Still no action. "The miles will post next week," they say. And then they don't. Anyone else having any luck getting them to post any missing transactions lately?

Djlawman
Old Jul 24, 2003, 5:23 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
No Luck here. My wife transferred miles from Hilton to GP last April. No miles ever made it. GP has her transaction listed as pending - GP then wiped her account clean. We are trying to rectify this situation as she clearly made the transaction before her 3 year date under the new rules. Trouble is - we do not have any control over the length of time transactions take to post.

Old Jul 24, 2003, 7:07 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Well, persistence finally paid off. Just checked my wife's statement, and they finally posted her 2000 GP miles today (after yet another e-mail to them day before yesterday). Now I hopefully don't have to worry about her keeping the miles alive on a daily basis, since her latest transaction otherwise was Sept. 2000, giving me only about 30 days until Sept. 1, 2003.

We have about 150,000 miles left with her account, and 50,000 left in mine. Sounds just about right for another trip for the 4 of us to Costa Rica or someplace nice down there in Clase Ejecutiva!

Djlawman
Old Jul 26, 2003, 3:14 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Good news! Glad to hear everything worked out okay.

Cheers,
Dave - Japan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.