Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket Policy Changes!

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2003, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Ticket Policy Changes!

Do not get alarmed this is not a major change and the changes are for the most part better than before. I had tickets issued today and it was quite different than just six months ago. Remember when we all wanted to have LP now GP accept credit cards and were perplexed by the policy of not accepting Credit cards then. Well the tide has shifted substantially.

Today I was informed you can not have a ticket issued, without a credit card payment in advance! GP needs to be paid the shipping charges (domestic $15 and taxes at the time you ask for ticket to be issued). You can no longer mail in money order payment. The tickets I was requesting were for travel in December so time was not a major consideration.
Another new policy (and I think a very good one) was after I paid the fees with a credit card I was immediately given the ticket number of the flights. I was further instructed to call TACA and give them the ticket numbers so the reservation would not be cancelled. I guess GP could have done that for me but we are making some progress. I am glad they are still around even if the partners are decreasing.
Old May 23, 2003, 3:56 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
cyberg, thanks for the heads up! Very helpful first post!

So I'm curious, are they sending the tickets right away, especially since they assign ticket numbers? Or do they wait until close to departure date?

Welcome to posting on FT.
Old May 23, 2003, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Viajero Joven

Actually this is not my first post but my old e-mail account was deactivated, hard drive crashed lost my password and had to start new account. Anyway.

To answer your question LP/GP told me the tickets would be sent within 10 days via UPS. They requested my email address and informed me they would send send an email with the tracking information of the package as soon as sent. Another new good idea from the LP/GP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.