Search

Lan Chile may rejoin LatinPass

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 1999, 2:37 pm
BSL
Original Poster

Lan Chile may rejoin LatinPass

Lan Chile may rejoin LatinPass, executive says

MIAMI, April 20 (Reuters) - A frequent-flyer program meant to boost passenger loyalty to
Latin American airlines, LatinPass, could expand with the return of Lan Chile (LFL - news)
which dropped out in 1998, according to the administrator of LatinPass.

``Getting them back would be good,'' Guy Booth, an executive of Miami-based Aviation
Management Services who serves as top administrator of LatinPass, told Reuters late Monday.

``Lan Chile basically covered the southern cone of South America,'' he said. ``We have a void there now.''

Aviation Management administers the LatinPass program under contract with the ownership, a consortium of Latin American
airlines that includes Colombia's ACES and Avianca Venezuela's Aeropostal, Panama's COPA, the Grupo TACA family of
Central American carriers, Mexico's Mexicana and Ecuador's Saeta.

``Lan Chile decided, at some point, that since they were going to have an alliance with American Airlines (AMR - news), they
should discontinue their alliance with LatinPass,'' Booth said.

LatinPass is similar to the Advantage program of American Airlines and other so-called ``frequent flyer'' programs offered by
U.S. carriers, entitling them to discounted fares or free flights from these airlines, based on miles they already traveled with a
participating carrier.

LatinPass members also are entitled to discounts from non-airline participants in the LatinPass program, including hotels, rental
car agencies and credit card companies.

About 1.5 million customers of participating Latin American carriers hold a LatinPass card.

Persuading Lan Chile to return to the LatinPass program could boost total membership by more than 10 percent, Booth said.

``Lan Chile had something like 200,000 [LatinPass] members,'' he said.
Old Apr 21, 1999, 2:43 am
pberrett

Oh good!

I'm a Lanpass member and have gotten my free 3000 points bonus for joining. Any latinpass members would be well advised to join Lanpass and crrue their 3000 free points - they may be able to combine them with their existing points/miles later on.

cheers Peter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.