Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

another TACA problem, no TRAVEL after 12/31/05

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2005, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Was on the phone with TACA fixing an error in a record (name was spelled wrong) so agent said, just make a new booking, i mentioned I was going to travel on a ticket issued by GlobalPass. He went away and came back to say the policy was:

tickets issued by June 30 2005
all travel complete by December 31, 2005.

He would not rebook the the rez I had for January of next year! No one else seems to have heard this but thought I would pass it on. I did call back, not mention GlobalPass and had no problem making a D booking...

it's going to be interesting to see how this all sorts out!

Given that I managed to use almost the whol mil' I won't be too disappointed however the chips fall but I imagine this could prove pretty distressing for some caught holding a boatload of miles
Old Jun 28, 2005, 9:32 am
Suspended

I made a res for 2 in Biz at 1am today to SJO end Jan return Feb
Old Jun 28, 2005, 9:47 am
Original Poster

yes but...

did you tell them they were for GlobalPass redemption? I think most people are just not saying anything, just booking D Class. The issue may arise if later they decide tickets issued by GP can't be used after December 31. I had no trouble getting a booking so long as I didn't say GlobalPass! The question, it seems to me, is what if you've got your hotels booked, or a Galapagos cruise even, go to the airport in April, and the TACA says, no go, this ticket stopped being any good January 1... just seems to throw a wild card into the mix! Could be there is no way for TACA to distinguish a GP ticket once issued or that they won't bother.

And if there is no go on travel, will there be a refund on taxes?!

it just keeps getting loonier if you ask me!

Last edited by newK2; Jun 28, 2005 at 9:50 am
Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:07 pm
Suspended

I did tell 'em it was GP miles. Will try again and not mention GP. But I have no problems going to SJO,GUA,PTY,Belize
Old Jun 28, 2005, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by newK2
did you tell them they were for GlobalPass redemption? I think most people are just not saying anything, just booking D Class. The issue may arise if later they decide tickets issued by GP can't be used after December 31. I had no trouble getting a booking so long as I didn't say GlobalPass! The question, it seems to me, is what if you've got your hotels booked, or a Galapagos cruise even, go to the airport in April, and the TACA says, no go, this ticket stopped being any good January 1... just seems to throw a wild card into the mix! Could be there is no way for TACA to distinguish a GP ticket once issued or that they won't bother.

And if there is no go on travel, will there be a refund on taxes?!

it just keeps getting loonier if you ask me!

This is insane. I cannot travel until after Christmas, but after discussions with TACA there are no flights available back to the northern US after Dec 28th and before December 31st which they insist is their last day. If I lie and tell them that I'm not Global Pass, they want to know how I plan to pay for the award travel with mileage. What happens if I do get tickets for return after December 31st, will TACA honor them? It would be ideal if I could leave after Christmas and return in the first week of January. Any ideas?
Old Jun 28, 2005, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
I made one reservation for 4 in T class for Dec 22-28 since this was all that available from Chicago. Is the option to buy miles still valid as I only have 140,000 available? If I buy 30,000, I can get 2 "D" class tickets and 2 "T" tickets for later dates.

On my second call, they let me book 2 "D" and 2 "T" for Dec 26-Jan 2. Will try Global Pass in the morning to see if I can get the 2nd itinerary. From other postings it appears that others were able to get TACA tickets from GlobalPass for travel after Dec 31st. Don't know what this new TACA rule will do to those.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 5:15 pm

I booked Sao Paulo and San Jose Costa Rica for January and March no problem, now let's see if we get the tickets, that is why I am so big on paying the expediate fee
Old Jun 29, 2005, 2:01 pm

Programs: Former DL GM, NW Platinum, UNITED PREMIER, STARWOOD GOLD, RG, LP, US, AA & OTHERS
?

Originally Posted by milesrus
I booked Sao Paulo and San Jose Costa Rica for January and March no problem, now let's see if we get the tickets, that is why I am so big on paying the expediate fee
Did you pay the exp. fee?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.