Global Pass

Old Apr 22, 04, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Question Global Pass

Is this a good program? If you book through Global Pass do you get the lowest fares possible? Is it more valuable to get 1000 miles for booking on an airline web site or to get Global Pass points by booking there? A ticket for under $300 using 35,000 Global Pass points does not seem like a particularly good rate.
Old Apr 22, 04, 11:00 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
Hi Healthlawyer and welcome to FlyerTalk.

Please take a moment to look at the post at the top of the MilesBuzz forum "Welcome to MilesBuzz - Read me first".

I'm going to move this to the Global Pass Forum where you are likely to get a better response.

Regards,

Flipside
Old Apr 23, 04, 5:43 am

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Choice, Alaska, Avianca, Japan Airlines
Talking Summary of GlobalPass (LatinPass) out of Miami

The GlobalPass air-ticket purchase option is a new one. I have looked at the prices and some seem very reasonable, others not - Just like any other travel website I guess. The miles do have the potential to add up. For example, 3 tickets to Sudan sets me back $6500 USD. This gets me 6500 miles on my CC, 6600 x 3 = 19800 miles on British Airways, and 26,000 miles with globalpass.

I actually get more miles with GP than I do with the airline I actually fly. I agree that using these miles to purchase tickets may not seem a great deal, but there is a distinction that needs to be made regarding how to redeem. There are two awards 1) SuperAwards and 2) GlobalAwards.

SuperAward redemption means you can redeem miles on almost any airline in the world based on how the ticket costs. This seems reasonable when you consider there are no blackout dates. The second way to redeem - (GlobalAwards) is excellent value on some pretty good airlines. GlobalAward redemption works much like any other FF programme. However, like other programmes, there are blackout dates and availability problems.

The airlines where you can redeem your miles for a GlobalAward are KLM, Avianca, Taca, Aeropostal and I think Southern Winds of Argentina. Availability seems to be excellent on all these airlines except KLM. Some members of this board have experienced difficulty redeeming miles on KLM. My KLM success rate is about 75% with successful bookings to Japan and England.

If the price is comparable to other sites, then I would say you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Search this Thread