Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Query about mileage accrual for a LATAM flight operated by Qatar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Do you have guidance on crediting miles for an upcoming reservation on a LATAM flight operated by Qatar Airways? I’m considering where to credit the miles – I was initially thinking of Delta SkyMiles, but it seems that might only apply to flights operated by LATAM and Delta directly. For Qatar Airways, it appears Avios are the main option. Additionally, LATAM’s Pass system for accumulating miles is based on the flight cost minus taxes, which varies by status and flight type (international vs. domestic within South America). This trip includes both intercontinental and South American flights. How does LATAM determine which multiplier applies to each leg of the journey? Has anyone successfully credited such miles to other airlines like Lufthansa or Alaska? I currently hold One World Emerald, Star Alliance Gold, LATAM Plus Platinum, and SkyTeam/Virgin Atlantic Gold status. The flight segments are Cairo to Doha and Doha to Sao Paulo in business class (Z fare), and Sao Paulo to Montevideo in economy (W fare). I’m seeking the best strategy for crediting these miles given my various memberships and the flight details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.