Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2024, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Interesting Itinerary

Delta showed this itinerary: IPC->SCL(on LATAM), 2:10 hours transfer time to AeroMexico flights SCL->MEX->TIJ. Has anyone flown this itinerary before since I have a bunch of questions. Any input are appreciated.

1. can our bags be tagged at IPC to TIJ, at least to MEX?
2. at SCL, it is a domestic to international connection, is 2:10hour enough? since domestic and international terminals are separated.
3. at SCL, do we have to clear Chilean immigration/border control?
4. at SCL, do we have to collect our bags and re-check in onto AeroMexico flight
5. is MEX considered as the entry point to Mexico? do we have to claim our bags and go through Mexican immigration/border control, and re-recheck the bags for next flight (MEX->TIJ).

Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 27, 2024, 11:42 pm

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
Will do my best to help.

1. I would guess YES if in the same itinerary
2. 2:10 should be enough. It's a 5 minutes walk from one terminal to the other one
3. Yes, immigration is done in SCL since it's the point you enter/exit Chile
4. Not if they are tagged through (yes, if you're flying from TIJ to SCL)
5. Yes to immigration.. can't remember about bags. MEX is known for long long immigration queues

Originally Posted by liw5215
Delta showed this itinerary: IPC->SCL(on LATAM), 2:10 hours transfer time to AeroMexico flights SCL->MEX->TIJ. Has anyone flown this itinerary before since I have a bunch of questions. Any input are appreciated.

1. can our bags be tagged at IPC to TIJ, at least to MEX?
2. at SCL, it is a domestic to international connection, is 2:10hour enough? since domestic and international terminals are separated.
3. at SCL, do we have to clear Chilean immigration/border control?
4. at SCL, do we have to collect our bags and re-check in onto AeroMexico flight
5. is MEX considered as the entry point to Mexico? do we have to claim our bags and go through Mexican immigration/border control, and re-recheck the bags for next flight (MEX->TIJ).

Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 29, 2024, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SCLflyer
Will do my best to help.

1. I would guess YES if in the same itinerary
2. 2:10 should be enough. It's a 5 minutes walk from one terminal to the other one
3. Yes, immigration is done in SCL since it's the point you enter/exit Chile
4. Not if they are tagged through (yes, if you're flying from TIJ to SCL)
5. Yes to immigration.. can't remember about bags. MEX is known for long long immigration queues
Thank you very much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.