Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SCL lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2024, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

SCL lounge access

I will be flying MIA-SCL in J, with a connection to Mendoza in economy (LATAM does not have business class on the short SCL-MDZ flight). Will I be able to access the new LATAM lounge at SCL with my arriving business class boarding pass?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 5:37 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Your ticket should be on Premium Economy on SCL - MDZ, so you should get access just fine
Old Jan 23, 2024, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

That would be the normal situation, but there is no award space in PE so I'm booked in economy for now. I'll keep watching to see if something opens up.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 6:57 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Ah, technically you might not be eligible, but chances are that they will still let you into the lounge if you explain your situation
northstar22 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Semphyra
Ah, technically you might not be eligible, but chances are that they will still let you into the lounge if you explain your situation
To update, I handed the lounge agent both arrival and departure boarding passes and we were granted entry with no questions. It's a great lounge!
Semphyra and IntrepidAfrican2 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by northstar22
To update, I handed the lounge agent both arrival and departure boarding passes and we were granted entry with no questions. It's a great lounge!
Amongst my top few business class lounges in the Americas.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 7:40 am

Am I correctly understanding thew new SCL LATAM VIP lounge that's really nice and everyone's favorite is accessible for all LATAM departures to all regions? So whether flying to IPC, MDZ, EZE or say even back to USA, all of those destinations have access in J or W to the nicest LATAMP lounge in SCL?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Am I correctly understanding thew new SCL LATAM VIP lounge that's really nice and everyone's favorite is accessible for all LATAM departures to all regions? So whether flying to IPC, MDZ, EZE or say even back to USA, all of those destinations have access in J or W to the nicest LATAMP lounge in SCL?
As far as I understand, the current state of affairs is:

1) IPC wouldn't have any lounge access (lounges are in the "you've already left Chile" airside area).
2) Int'l J and LA Black and DL Plat / Diamond get the "best" lounge.
3) Int'l W and lower LA/DL elites get the "middle" lounge (which is also quite nice).
Semphyra likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.