Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2024, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Ambassador, HH diamond IHG plat
LATAM newbie questions

Hello I’m having my first trips on LATAM next month and I’ve found a couple of snags that others might be able to help with.

the app sold me 2 premium economy tix mde-lim-eze which I chose mainly for the baggage allowance and comfort for night flight. However it only shows one available prem seat on the LIM-EZE sector and I can’t select the other seat anywhere in the cabin. It’s an overnight sector so I’d like to know where I’ll be seated. Common problem?

one ticket through but will I have to recheck bags in Lima? 2.5 hour layover.

the LATAM app seems to decide it won’t accept your frequent flyer number in one booking but will in another booking, whether I put my BA or VS one in. Is it usually temperamental? And will I be able to put it in at checkin? I’m after the VS tier points more than anything

thanks in advance for help
Old Jan 14, 2024, 9:14 am

Programs: LA Platinum
Hi,

Regarding the seat, LATAM blocks some seats for airport (and Black signature?) allocation. In the case of narrow-bodies being 1D and 1F. You should be able to get one of these when you check-in.

For the bags I’m not sure, maybe someone else will be able to help

For the frequent flyer number in my experience the website works best but can sometimes not work. I believe that if you add it at the airport it should work. If not you can always claim back after the flight.
chipster likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Int'l - Int'l connection, your bags should be checked through and you just go through LIM transit security.

At OLCI, you should be able to put or change the FFN, but likely not before then, unless you call.

I don't think LA oversells the front cabin, but does block a few seats for the top tier travelers, so you may not be sitting together, but there should be seats available.
chipster and Semphyra like this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver

Does the "New application requirements" listed above determine the priority for each level? In other words if after all Black Signature is cleared based on #1, it goes to Black (#1 completed) and then to those in the elite level with a CC? And if both are true, based on #3?
The way it's written leads me to think that a requirement is that one must have a CC to just get an upgrade.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 1:48 pm

Programs: LA Platinum
Yes, it goes #1, #2, #3.

It goes Category, within the category if the passenger has a credit card (not required, but puts you higher up the list) and finally the application time (earlier means higher up the list).
Semphyra and AdamSouthFL like this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

A seat became available. We’re not seated together but at least I have a booked seat. Thanks.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Well, having done 5 sectors in the last 3 weeks on LATAM in premium, I was pleasantly surprised by how organised things were, mostly liberal interpretation of checked luggage allowance and pleasant crews. Seating turned out ok in the end. One of us credited all sectors to ba and got immediate credit of miles, but I credited to virgin and got nothing so far. Have submitted a request to VS. A bag of crisps is not a suitable breakfast on an early morning BOG-CTG however, but overall I was impressed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.