Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM Multi-city vs. Two Oneways

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2023, 9:44 am
Original Poster

LATAM Multi-city vs. Two Oneways

Hi all!

I am new to flying LATAM and am trying to put together our international flight to/from the U.S. I'm hoping you guys can help me with the logistics of one of the sections.

Our outbound is LAX-SCL. We are ending our trip in Mendoza and I am trying to book a return flight MDZ-SCL-LIM-LAX. I could book this as a oneway but not part of a RT (multi-city). So, the other option I am looking at is MDZ -SCL and SCL-LAX (connecting in Lima) as two separate tickets. If we land at SCL at 1:40 and our departure for LAX is at 4:40 is that enough time to clear customs, collect our bags and go through the check-in process? Does anyone know if LATAM would connect our flights at check-in in Mendoza? Our SCL-LAX will be in Business if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Aug 24, 2023, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SDandi
Hi all!

I am new to flying LATAM and am trying to put together our international flight to/from the U.S. I'm hoping you guys can help me with the logistics of one of the sections.

Our outbound is LAX-SCL. We are ending our trip in Mendoza and I am trying to book a return flight MDZ-SCL-LIM-LAX. I could book this as a oneway but not part of a RT (multi-city). So, the other option I am looking at is MDZ -SCL and SCL-LAX (connecting in Lima) as two separate tickets. If we land at SCL at 1:40 and our departure for LAX is at 4:40 is that enough time to clear customs, collect our bags and go through the check-in process? Does anyone know if LATAM would connect our flights at check-in in Mendoza? Our SCL-LAX will be in Business if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for your help!
3 hours should be plenty @ SCL, but don't expect LA to do you any favo(u)rs on "connecting" your flights.
SDandi likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 6:13 pm

Programs: LATAMPass
Why don't book directly MDZ-LAX?

IIRC there are flights from MDZ to LIM, and you avoid the connection in SCL
SDandi likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

IIRC there are flights from MDZ to LIM, and you avoid the connection in SCL[/QUOTE]

Yes...I know. That departure time doesn't work for us.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
LATAM will definitely not check you in all the way to MDZ. SCL is usually an airport easy to navigate. I would recommend you use their whatsapp or phone reservations. Since they aren't booking multi-city trips in their webpage there is no fee to issue over the phone. Alternatively you can always bok through an OTA.
Semphyra likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by yulianman
Why don't book directly MDZ-LAX?

IIRC there are flights from MDZ to LIM, and you avoid the connection in SCL
I'd take the connection @ SCL anyday over LIM, unless there was some ridiculous connection time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.