Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PCR test validity

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
PCR test validity

Hi everyone!

Wife and I have a trip coming up to Peru and Bolivia. We're ticketed on AF for HAM-CDG-LIM on one ticket, and LIM-LPB on another ticket with LATAM. There is a 9hr connection time in Lima so we will go through immigration, collect our bags, spend some time in a hotel and then re-check-in before our flight to La Paz.

Peru doesn't require a PCR test for vaccinated travelers, so we're good there. But Bolivia does require a test issued within 72hrs of the flight to Bolivia. We can easily get a test in Germany before we depart and it will be well within the 72hr window of us even arriving in to Bolivia.

But does anyone know if LATAM and Bolivia will accept the PCR test done in Germany if we are traveling on two separate tickets? The timing factor is fine, but just not sure about what the acceptance is.

Thank you!
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
I just heard back from LATAM and they have confirmed that the test from Germany is not an issue, as long as it is issued within the 72hr window. Hopefully, this information might be helpful to someone else in the future.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
I just heard back from LATAM and they have confirmed that the test from Germany is not an issue, as long as it is issued within the 72hr window. Hopefully, this information might be helpful to someone else in the future.
Do let us know how you get on. It will be interesting to know if there are any issues with you being checked through to your final destination on the basis that you will get a PCR mid-trip.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flieduk
Do let us know how you get on. It will be interesting to know if there are any issues with you being checked through to your final destination on the basis that you will get a PCR mid-trip.
We're actually not hoping to be checked through all the way. The Air France bit for HAM-CDG-LIM will be done as one trip, followed by entry into Peru and then LIM-LPB on LATAM as another one. It's just that the two trips are only 9hrs apart. We'll also have the PCR test in hand before we depart Germany. We'll be getting the tests the day before our trip, and the result is supposed to be in our hand within 6hrs.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
By the way, if you are not aware, entry requirements changed for Peru a couple of days ago https://www.latamairlines.com/us/en/...s/restrictions
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: QF, LM
...... There is a 9hr connection time in Lima so we will go through immigration, collect our bags, spend some time in a hotel and then re-check-in before our flight to La Paz......
Hey there sehgalanuj, so do you mean 9 hours between specific flight arrival and next departure? I hope your hotel is near the airport - Lima is one of the slowest places to be land-side on the planet. But hopefully you get a couple of hours rest Hope it all works out for you, just be prepared for some delays
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: QF, LM
...... There is a 9hr connection time in Lima so we will go through immigration, collect our bags, spend some time in a hotel and then re-check-in before our flight to La Paz......
Hey there sehgalanuj, so do you mean 9 hours between specific flight arrival and next departure? I hope your hotel is near the airport - Lima is one of the slowest places to be land-side on the planet. But hopefully you get a couple of hours rest Hope it all works out for you, just be prepared for some delays
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by juddles
Lol. We've been to Lima before and yeah, we'd rather be elsewhere in Peru. But yes, our hotel is right there so we'll be working on getting some sleep. 😊

I'm hoping that 9hrs between the two flights will cover us for any delays. But if stuff gets messed up, then well, we'll just have to deal with it.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Semphyra
By the way, if you are not aware, entry requirements changed for Peru a couple of days ago https://www.latamairlines.com/us/en/...s/restrictions
Thank you! I wasn't but our trip is still far enough away. I'm keeping an eye on things and will verify again a few days before we leave. Don't want to miss up the trip for the lack of our own planning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.