Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN Colombia - Frequent Flyer Benefits (DL)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2020, 10:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Quick question: I want to make a booking through the local LATAM/LAN web site in Colombia - prices are 50% lower than when going through my local LATAM site.

In a test booking, it seems the site does not recognize my FF status. I am PM (platinum medallion) with DL. Searched for domestic flight, choose Economy "Light" option, entered FFN, but no luck in terms of free seat selection. Will I at least get the free piece of luggage? ....or do I have to book a higher fare class to get the DL benefits?
Old Dec 15, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
[QUOTE=Comatose.Captain;32887596]Quick question: I want to make a booking through the local LATAM/LAN web site in Colombia - prices are 50% lower than when going through my local LATAM site.

In a test booking, it seems the site does not recognize my FF status. I am PM (platinum medallion) with DL. Searched for domestic flight, choose Economy "Light" option, entered FFN, but no luck in terms of free seat selection. Will I at least get the free piece of luggage? ....or do I have to book a higher fare class to get the DL benefits?[/QUOTE
https://helpdesk.latam.com/hc/en-us/...t-Plus-or-Top-

Not sure if skyteam elite plus status will override the light fare
Old Dec 15, 2020, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain
Quick question: I want to make a booking through the local LATAM/LAN web site in Colombia - prices are 50% lower than when going through my local LATAM site.

In a test booking, it seems the site does not recognize my FF status. I am PM (platinum medallion) with DL. Searched for domestic flight, choose Economy "Light" option, entered FFN, but no luck in terms of free seat selection. Will I at least get the free piece of luggage? ....or do I have to book a higher fare class to get the DL benefits?
https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...benefits#Latam
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for both of those links.

Unfortunately, they don't specify if there are exemptions for the lowest fare buckets. I guess the questions are: Are these merely IT issues (right, I should get the free seat selection but I don't) or are certain, particularly low fares excluded in the DL-LA partnership? I mean, US carriers also deny you certain elite benefits if you are booking basic eco.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 5:14 pm

Unfortunately, they don't specify if there are exemptions for the lowest fare buckets. I guess the questions are: Are these merely IT issues (right, I should get the free seat selection but I don't) or are certain, particularly low fares excluded in the DL-LA partnership? I mean, US carriers also deny you certain elite benefits if you are booking basic eco.
Only way to be certain is calling LA for that specific question. In the past I have had to call GOL when trying to get an exit row on a flight booked with miles when GOL and DL had a partnership
Comatose.Captain likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion

At least for LATAM FFP seat selection is valid for all tiers on all fare families. The caveat is that is not for companions unless you have top tier status

Same-wise with the extra bag allowance
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:57 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K; Cathay Diamond; Asiana Club Diamond; SkyMiles Diamond Medallion

Also DL PM here booking Colombian Domestic LA flights. Seems like at the time of booking/purchase, the LA website does not recognize my status. Went back to manage booking after booking and was able to choose "normal" (Non Emex, non front) seats free of charge. Chose the "light" option as well and booked into G and A fares respectively which is 25% mile/ 100% MQM. They do grant a minimum 500 MQM per segment so it was a bargain for 1000 MQM which cost me $36 USD roundtrip from BOG to MDE.
Comatose.Captain likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.