Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM Covid-19 Chargebacks and Cashback Experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM Covid-19 Chargebacks and Cashback Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2020, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by alamah
LATAM's Facebook page posted this message earlier today:

What does this imply? Do folks who are waiting for the bank transfer need to do something?
It may mean at this point you have to file a claim for a refund if you haven’t yet done it through the LATAM website.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
Been waiting since August 22nd and finally got my refund back from Mastercard. After waiting 52 days LATAM has yet to reply to Mastercard about the dispute. What a mess and lousy customer service.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 1:14 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
Wanted to share positive experience. Had five Brazil domestic tickets for CGH-IGU-GRU in January 2021.

Due to travel restrictions in my current base country, I had to cancel my trip to Brazil. Called the English call center on 16 October. Received Travel Vouchers on 22 October. Requested transfer of value of Travel Voucher to bank account on 31 October. Received confirmation of initiation of payment on 03 November and credit to account on 05 November.
Adam1222 and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 12:10 am

I also want to share some positive outcome of my refund. I followed the steps on LATAM website to request travel vouchers and bank transfer. The first bank transfer was initiated in early September and the fourth in early October. The refund started coming into my account from mid November.

It was a very slow and difficult process. A lot of emails back and forth with a lot of issues. Eventually I got most of my money back. Still working on the last booking, but I am quite pleased with the outcome so far.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm looking to book on SCL-AKL which LATAM is listing for flights starting at the end of March. There seems to be a lot of skepticism about if the flights will actually happen. It's half the price and 12 vs 40 hours in transit.

If i book through the US what happens when when they do cancel / reschedule?
Old Dec 20, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
For US-based customers seeking refunds, do we put a domestic route number and or an international SWIFT code?
Old Dec 21, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
Originally Posted by matthew_brown
For US-based customers seeking refunds, do we put a domestic route number and or an international SWIFT code?
Domestic route number.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 10:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo
Domestic route number.
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.