Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Confusion with Latam 787-9 Seat Configuration ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:32 pm
mlm
Original Poster

We are booked on a 787-9 from Santiago to LAX in 6C & D. I've never flown this airline before but the seating configuration looks strange. What is the small opening next to Seat 6C ? Does this have a small isle access? I've never seen a configuration like this. Thank you.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
That is the new 787 business class config. be aware that lots of flights have this seat map loaded, although ATM there's only one 789 with this configuration. the space between C and D is the aisle so you won't be sitting close enough to comfortably have a conversation. Only the "center center" seats are properly together (some of the blocked seats will probably be available at the airport). Finally this is the configuration with the Vantage XL seat, providing direct aisle access to all passengers.

minute 6
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:29 am
mlm
Original Poster

Thank you. I guess this is a good thing (?) that all passengers have isle access. Since the seat close together are few, guess not too many couples can converse. Wish this diagram had seat numbers. Seems quite confusing.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:36 am
mlm
Original Poster

One last question please....
On Our Santiago to LAX flight in Premium Business Class (Seats 6C & 6D), will we have seat back IFE even with the staggered seat configuration on the 787-9 aircraft ?

On the seating map sent to us, (see my top post) it doesn't even appear that we have seats in front of us.
Thank you.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Yes, always
Old Dec 5, 2019, 5:56 pm
mlm
Original Poster

Thank you Semphyra. I think you're saying that we DO have seats in front of us with IFE even though the seating chart sent to us with our reserved seats shows an empty space. Thanks.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by mlm
Thank you Semphyra. I think you're saying that we DO have seats in front of us with IFE even though the seating chart sent to us with our reserved seats shows an empty space. Thanks.
the seats are kind of a double width plastic block with half of it being a console and the other half being the seat itself. So no there isn’t a seat in front of your but there is sufficient mass of plastic to support an AVOD screen

(Picture credit business traveller https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...class-seating/)
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Hyatt - Globalist, Bonvoy - Gold, Hilton - Gold
Any seating advice for new Business class 787 layout?

Has anyone been on the new layout yet? I am also flying it LAX-SCL and curious which of the window seats are best...
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by apschneider84
Has anyone been on the new layout yet? I am also flying it LAX-SCL and curious which of the window seats are best...
I haven’t been on the new layout yet but based on my experience of LATAM service flow I would try for as far forward as possible- as I have never got my first choice of meal further back (plat and then OWE)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.