Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Increase of miles needed for OW redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Hello! I just found out that Latam Pass increased the numbers of miles needed for OW partner flights.

https://ingenierodemillas.com/2019/0...hay-una-buena/

I haven’t received any email, I’m a Chile based member.

Biz class for long haul (SCL-Europe) went from 87,500 to 96,250. Not terrible... but still a devaluation.

I read on that blog that there is actually a decrease, for routes such as SCL-MIA. So on the balance, good for some, bad for others.

What do you think?
Semphyra likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by dbasulto
Hello! I just found out that Latam Pass increased the numbers of miles needed for OW partner flights.

https://ingenierodemillas.com/2019/0...hay-una-buena/

I haven’t received any email, I’m a Chile based member.

Biz class for long haul (SCL-Europe) went from 87,500 to 96,250. Not terrible... but still a devaluation.

I read on that blog that there is actually a decrease, for routes such as SCL-MIA. So on the balance, good for some, bad for others.

What do you think?
I think that the article is inaccurate.

For me to redeem JFK-GYE which i frequently now its 31,250 except for June 15- August 19th where it's 40,500.. On the article it states (trip of that length) that it was something completely different, going to something different.

JFK-LIM is 31,250 all year long. If article was correct it would be over 40 something
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:42 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by theboss7593
I think that the article is inaccurate.

For me to redeem JFK-GYE which i frequently now its 31,250 except for June 15- August 19th where it's 40,500.. On the article it states (trip of that length) that it was something completely different, going to something different.

JFK-LIM is 31,250 all year long. If article was correct it would be over 40 something
It is referring to OW partner flights, not LATAM flights.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by andreadbc
It is referring to OW partner flights, not LATAM flights.
Whoops lol, MY MISTAKE and I spent all that time researching.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Thanks! It's a reminder that miles devaluate over time, as any currency,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.