Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on complaint

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL/UA
Question Advice on complaint (Involuntary downgrade)

Hi Folks,

I booked a ticket through BA, flying business from DUB->LHR->GRU->SCL and then returning SCL->LHR->DUB.

The latam flight GRU->SCL got cancelled, fortunately we were on a long layover in GRU, and got an earlier flight to SCL, but downgraded to premium economy. Afterwards I complained to BA, but their first response was to forward me on to Latam, but as I had paid BA I insisted. They agreed to forward the query. I'm still waiting from a response from Latam via BA, but wanted to ask advice on what level of expectation should there be regarding compensation?

Thanks,
LK..

Last edited by LeperKing; May 7, 2018 at 7:05 am Reason: Clarifying thread title
Old May 7, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
How long ago was your flight? Since it sounds like a same day cancellation issue then it's up to LATAM to fix the problem including the fare difference for the downgrade. You probably should talk to LATAM directly since a lot of issues like this go to the "Back Orifice" and get ignored for as long as LATAM can ignore them. especially true if this is coming over from BA. If you haven't heard something back in about a week then call LATAM and if they don't have an answer then nasty posts on their social media sites tend to get satisfactory results.
Old May 7, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by LeperKing
Hi Folks,

I booked a ticket through BA, flying business from DUB->LHR->GRU->SCL and then returning SCL->LHR->DUB.

The latam flight GRU->SCL got cancelled, fortunately we were on a long layover in GRU, and got an earlier flight to SCL, but downgraded to premium economy. Afterwards I complained to BA, but their first response was to forward me on to Latam, but as I had paid BA I insisted. They agreed to forward the query. I'm still waiting from a response from Latam via BA, but wanted to ask advice on what level of expectation should there be regarding compensation?

Thanks,
LK..
I don't expect LA will think it is worth very much, and I don't know if there is much fare differential. On most if not all LA "W" service, the lounge access and inflight meal is the same. Of course, the seat is like Euro business, and there's no PDB. (And it is increasingly rare to find a J seat for intra-South America travels).

This is the fare differential between the most expensive current W and J fares on the route:
LA 1252.00 WLERYZ0E
LA 1639.00 JLEEJZ0E

This is the cheapest W published fare on the route (RT not including taxes/fees) LA 294.00R PLERL9WE
This is the cheapest J - LA 499.00R ILEEV4WE
Old May 10, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: LATAM Black / IHG Platinum / Avis Preferred Plus
Carry on

Carry on with your life, absolutely lost fight.

you have to go through BA systems then latam brasil system, to end with latam chile.
Both in the middle of a system migration which will end as we all expect (use of inagination encouraged).
Old May 20, 2018, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL/UA
Latam actually did end up contacting me, and the compensation was 245 USD or 490 USD travel voucher,. Eastbay1K, looks like the same ballpark for what you were quoting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.