Search

Tight connection- GRU

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic red
Tight connection- GRU

Hey guys
My connection at GRU has changed from 3 hours to 1.05 switching from LATAM to BA. Is the connection possible? Should I keep it or ask my travel agent to find a different route?

thanks
B52
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I certainly wouldn't keep that. Before calling your TA take a look at alternatives such as an earlier initial flight and/or a different routing that you find preferential. It's good to have 2 of each when calling. That way you get what you want vs what they pull up first.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Even with 85 minutes (real time, i mean after i leave the plane) to transfer on T3 from JJ to LA (same company) they try to force me into take a later fly. After a few complains they put me into my orginal fly, but when i got to my destiny my bags didnt arribe on the same fly.

So with only 65 minutes (program time, you will have to leave the plane and pass security on T3... this can take from 5 to 25 minutes) i dont think that you will have a chance.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:56 am
Original Poster

I got in touch with my TA and with my RTW ticket I have to fly BA back to London. I asked what happens if I missed my original BA flight and she said “because it’s the same ticket they will put you on the next available flight”

All other options either not available ( due to ticket restrictions) or have to pay a change fee.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Those options could be LATAM's nonstop flight on their 777 with a 2x3x2 angled lie-flat seat or possibly waiting a day for the BA flight. I'm not a fan of BA's J product layout and lackluster entertainment system but I do like the soft product. My limited Latam experience was good. Service was not as good as most of my BA onboard experiences but still was good. The seat, while angled, didn't bother me. It's a little narrow but so is the BA J seat.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
is it a domestic or an international? From what I remember from a couple of years ago, LA Brazilian flights operate from T2 and international departures from BA, T3. If so, that is a bit of a walk.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by MfromL
is it a domestic or an international? From what I remember from a couple of years ago, LA Brazilian flights operate from T2 and international departures from BA, T3. If so, that is a bit of a walk.
T2 to T3 can take over 60 minutes since you will have to pass the security for leaving Brasil.

If you are flying J i will take the Latam fly... i would even walk slower so they can put me into that plane. I just Hate BA J, i will never fly it again.

If you are flying Y, the BA planes has this IFE boxes under the seats.... and i think latam does not (i have never fly the 777 on Economy, but 767 787 and 350 does not have it). So also the Latam fly will be best for you
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
You're correct. And may I add that some JJ international flights arrive at T2 as well. I would advise OP to try an earlier JJ flight, if possible.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

As much as I would love to be flying J I’m flying Y!

Im arriving from SCL (LA)so will be international to international (both flights T3). All I need to worry about is flight arriving on time and transit security.

I know now things can go wrong but.....
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by broland
You're correct. And may I add that some JJ international flights arrive at T2 as well. I would advise OP to try an earlier JJ flight, if possible.
Still? I remember 3 years ago LA announced they were moving everything to T3 (and after that I clearly remember also arriving from AEP to T2 and being said that it was a matter of a few months).
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Still? I remember 3 years ago LA announced they were moving everything to T3 (and after that I clearly remember also arriving from AEP to T2 and being said that it was a matter of a few months).
Yep, on the 1st January I arrived on a JJ flight from MXP at T2.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:23 am

Wow, not even a regional flight within SA...
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, Aeromexico Club Premier Titanium, ConnectMiles Gold
Flights from ASU (before PZ, now LA) often arrives at T2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.