Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Denied fast track security at MAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied fast track security at MAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
Reviving this old threat, given that I have just been denied access through the fast track at MAD flying out on LA 704 to FRA in J.

Actually, I had enquired at check-in about it and the agent told me it was not granted, but I felt "safe", when seeing the signposts that allegedly OWE / OWS can use it. Well. staff turned me down at the entrance telling that LATAM only pay the service for their flights to SCL and GRU. I wonder, if he was just cutting it short or if potentially qualifying passengers on the LA flights to LIM and GYE are excluded from priority control altogether.

Fortunately, there were no queues at regular security on this Saturday afternoon, but it is annoying and confusing anyway. Definitely, signposting should be much clearer.

I will be flying MAD - LIM in IB Y+ next weekend and am curious, if I can then use the fast track thanks to my OW status. Any ideas? It would probably come handy, since I am on a short connection which implies transit from T2/T3 to T4 and virtually every minute counts.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, you will have access.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:31 am

I was able to use fast track for LA705, MAD-SCL. Got a stamp on my boarding pass (Flying Y, as preferente)
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
@BA6501: Thanks, I will report back.
@dbasulto: I really believe that you went lucky. The guard at the prio security entrance even showed me a written / printed note that flight LA 705 was excluded from using it. Probably, the stamp did the trick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.