Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latam airline complaint

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Latam airline complaint

Hello, this is my first post so i apologise if it is in the wrong area of the forum.

To summarise i flew with my family from Cartagena to Bogota in september 2016. My partners suitcase was damaged.

I got a travel report number and have since had over 100 telephone calls to try and get my compoensation. They have agreed to give me 100 usd in compensation but keep failing to pay it. I have to call from the uk to their usa number as their uk number doesnt function properly.

I send them emails and nobody responds.

Is there a governing body who i can revert to to complain about this company as i am spending my life trying to get compensation and the time spent and cost of calls is not worth the money i will eventually recieve but i am not happy to let them off.

Every time i speak to someone they put me on hold whilst they speak to a supervisor and then they just hang up on me and do not call back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or any direct email contact to a senior member of their customer service team would be great.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Is the issue that they won't pay the $100? If so, forget about it. Not worth your time.

Or are you claiming thousands of dollars in damages? If so, I can understand the pursuit, although I'm not optimistic you'll ever see a penny.

Maybe go to the forum here for LATAM and see if others have had a similar situation. (It might be grouped with other South American airlines...not sure.) I seriously doubt you'll get far looking for some kind of Colombian government website to file a complaint.

Welcome to FT.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Wasting so much time over such a small amount!? Move on
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
if you want send me the case number, i can contact the preferent service for my status and ask about your case.

Send it to me on PM
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: LANPASS
If you flew from CTG to BOG, you can direct your complaint to Colombia's "Aerocivil" (the governing body over civilian aviation in Colombia).

That will surely get Latam running. They are known to fine airlines for even the slightest faults if there's a passenger complaining (I once saw Latam -LAN, back then- get a 10k USD fine because one passenger's ticket wasn't issued by mistake and the guy lost his flight).
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: LATAM Black / IHG Platinum / Avis Preferred Plus
Although i understand the feeling, let it go.
They won, you will have a second chance.
Move on
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
For many people $100 is not insignificant.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by zrs70
For many people $100 is not insignificant.
^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.