Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN limiting seat releases to partners?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2016, 8:14 am
Original Poster

I had been looking for a while at LAX-LIM through BA and they were pretty much like clockwork 7seats at 330days out. Now I am only seeing 1 seat released. Anyone notice the same? Is this a seasonal thing?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:59 pm

It may just be quirkiness. I had the same thing happen when I was booking a flight in March - 7 J seats available every day until the day I wanted, of course. It took 2-3 days and then the magical 7 appeared.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:39 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
I swear they use a random # generator on if/when to release seats!

I booked 4 of us for a trip next April 2017 LAX-SCL-MDZ and return SCL-LAX. The day I started planning the notional trip, it was U7. After confirming that our friends were serious about going that night, I looked again and it was U0 on both LAX-SCL and SCL-LAX! The next day, back to U7... So I jumped on the phone to put it on hold, even though SCL-MDZ and MDZ-SCL were both T0.

Then, the next day, SCL-MDZ opened up to T7. Even after adding our 4 seats to the ticket, it was (and still is) showing T7...

Now I'm just waiting for the MDZ-SCL to show at least T4... and then I get to enjoy paying the change fees x4...

Good luck with your trip planning!

CLG
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:19 pm

I'm having the same problem with LAN domestic flights. We are past 331 days out and nothing is appearing on BA.com to use Avios for a LIM-CUZ flight. There is wide open availability in June, but absolutely no flights in July. I'm stressed. Does this happen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.