Wiki Posts
Search

SCL/LPB to IPC to PPT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Multiple
SCL/LPB to IPC to PPT

(Originally posted to Destination > Americans > South America, but I figured it might not be the best forum to ask questions on mileage programs.)

It will be my first time going to South America, and first time on LAN.

I am here to ask for help. Trying to book award tickets from LPB to IPC and then from IPC to PPT in early/ mid April 2016. I can't find anything on BA.com. I don't have any LANPASS miles yet, but am planning to get some SPG sign up bonus to transfer to LANPASS. I have plenty of AAdvantage/ Alaska/ UA miles but don't think they are useful.

The worst case scenario is to use TY/ UR points, but IPC to PPT is going to be over $1k per ticket...

Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL DM
If it was possible, you would want to search for SCL-IPC on ba.com separately from other flights....that said, I'm looking for the same award, and could not find 2 award seats on any flight for all of next year. No idea when they pulled all award space, when I searched a few weeks ago I was able to find 2 seats on almost every single flight...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: DL DM
Appears they pulled all partner availability on SCL-IPC and IPC-PPT, though I could be mistaken.

That kills my plan to go to Easter Island next year.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:36 pm

I would create a LANPASS account and actually see how many Kms are required for an award ticket. LAN uses some sort of dynamic pricing setup, so if the ticket price is crazy the kms required will be as well. Last time I looked for just SCL to IPC it was over 100,000 kms in economy.

I ended up getting the LANPASS Visa card from US Bank and booking with that as it gives 20% off your first LAN purchase each year. You can also get much better pricing if you switch the site to "Chile". After the discount I got SCL-IPC round-trip in economy for about $400.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Great tip! Thanks @the188. I found the page to the card you said: https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/...edit-card.html
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:02 am
Original Poster

It's about 86,000 kms in economy per adult per round-trip. (They don't allow one-way trips using kms.) That's quite a lot even if I transfer over from SPG. Also, they don't allow point+cash so that means for two people it's going to be 172,000 kms...

Tried to switch to the Chilean site. Price is over $1800 per adult per round-trip. One-way is about $1500. Pretty crazy.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
Originally Posted by davidalism
It's about 86,000 kms in economy per adult per round-trip. (They don't allow one-way trips using kms.) That's quite a lot even if I transfer over from SPG. Also, they don't allow point+cash so that means for two people it's going to be 172,000 kms...

Tried to switch to the Chilean site. Price is over $1800 per adult per round-trip. One-way is about $1500. Pretty crazy.
For early-mid April...

From La Paz RT I'm seeing 740 USD

From SCL RT as low as 411 USD
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Oh I was referring to IPC -> PPT. That one's about $1500 one-way, or 86,000 kms round-trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.