Wiki Posts
Search

Using LANPASS km to Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Using LANPASS km to Upgrade

Just curious, how easy is it to use LANPASS km to upgrade an economy class ticket to business? Possible to do online, or must one call in?

I don’t see any mention on the website of the fare category making a difference (as is the case for coupon/Comodoro upgrades). I also see a note on LAN saying this is a benefit with "limited" availability, but I'm not sure how to interpret what that actually means!

Secondly, is it possible to use km to upgrade if the itinerary includes a TAM segment? I’m looking at a possible trip in October that would involve 1/4 segments that is operated by TAM, but my read of the site suggests that km upgrades can only be used on LAN operated flights.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:26 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by DarrenChannel
Just curious, how easy is it to use LANPASS km to upgrade an economy class ticket to business? Possible to do online, or must one call in?

I don’t see any mention on the website of the fare category making a difference (as is the case for coupon/Comodoro upgrades). I also see a note on LAN saying this is a benefit with "limited" availability, but I'm not sure how to interpret what that actually means!

Secondly, is it possible to use km to upgrade if the itinerary includes a TAM segment? I’m looking at a possible trip in October that would involve 1/4 segments that is operated by TAM, but my read of the site suggests that km upgrades can only be used on LAN operated flights.
You cannot do it online but I do think that if there is a business class redemption available online than you can have it as an upgrade.

If I remember right, lan.com contradicts itself, there is a page that says just LAN, another that says TAM too.

There is no restriction on fare class, if you can buy it you can upgrade it.

Availability I suspect will be the problem.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
You cannot do it online but I do think that if there is a business class redemption available online than you can have it as an upgrade.
Good to know -- thanks!

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
If I remember right, lan.com contradicts itself, there is a page that says just LAN, another that says TAM too.
I do run into those inconsistencies on LAN's site, from one country version to another. But at least they have recently added some missing pages to the Mexico site (notably, all the "how to qualify" pages for elite categories) which used to come up as an error page, with "page does not exist".
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Read in the recent IN mag that you can request an upgrade on TAM, started Sept 1st.... if you are Comodoro or Comodoro Black.

Just "after checking in online at the TAM website 72 hours before your flight, you can request the upgrade through the preferential contact center". "Coming soon on lan.com".

So, now I have more Qs than As.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.