Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

TAM Fidelidade/Multiplus miles to LAN miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:46 am
Original Poster

My wife has lots of TAM miles. Will these at some point become LAN ff miles? Could she do this on her own? Can LAN miles currently be used on all TAM and American Airlines flights? Just thought of this because we will book an Alaska Airlines domestic flight and listed choices for ff mile programs to receive points include American, LAN and Delta but not TAM.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:34 am
HMO

Probably in the future they will unify the FF programs. So far, they are working in separated ways, and it seems they will go this way for some (long?) time...

If you can read Portuguese, it may help (or not):
Perguntas Frequentes sobre a Associacao

I didn't find at TAM's FAQ no useful information about it.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I'll suggest she call TAM. For the AS flight, she'll likely have to choose between having miles go to her Delta or AA (almost empty) account. Maybe someday she can move AA miles to TAM or vice versa. She has more DL miles, so that makes more sense, even with DL's high requirements for flights. I'll have my miles go to my AA account.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:19 am

She can also get a LANPASS account, get the AS miles there and wait for the programs to be merged, which as HMO mentioned may take a while, but will most likely happen.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
It may take quite a while, judging from the speed of the alliance change. You can use both TAM and LAN miles for Oneworld flights.
TAM miles can be converted to cash (prepaid card) if you are near the expiration date and (probably) have an address in Brazil and CPF.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:42 pm
HMO

Originally Posted by neuromancer
It may take quite a while, judging from the speed of the alliance change. You can use both TAM and LAN miles for Oneworld flights.
But you cannot combine both balances in order to get one ticket...

TAM miles can be converted to cash (prepaid card) if you are near the expiration date and (probably) have an address in Brazil and CPF.
Please elaborate. As far as I know, it isn't sanctioned by TAM.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:44 am
Original Poster

She has 18k AA miles. Doubt could ever merge with TAM miles. Maybe will put the miles from this flight into DL; has more miles there. She could transfer AA miles to me bit ain't cheap. Oh well. Not a long flight.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by HMO
Please elaborate. As far as I know, it isn't sanctioned by TAM.
It is a valid redemption option, login at multiplusfidelidade.com.br with your CPF and TAM password, you can redeem for gift cards (prepaid MasterCard).
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:40 pm
HMO

Ok, I was thinking about "selling" the miles to 3rd. parties.

I wasn't aware about this MC possibility, thanks. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.