Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

can lan pass kilometres be exchanged into avios or other reward points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club, Norwegian Reward

For some reason I ended up having 24000 kilometres from lan pass. I never really use them, but I have a bunch of British airways avios. IS there any chance that I could combine the two or something like that??

Alternatively, how can someone use Lan kilometres in europe?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:07 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
You can't convert to Avios, but you can redeem the kms for award flights on BA, Iberia or AirBerlin (check the kms needed for each flight here).
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA
I have 82000 kms and no more status (was Comodoro before) that will expire this year.

In your link it says that these can only used on American Airlines, Qantas and Iberia.
Was there a change? Any options for AirBerlin or other OW partners?

Any other good way of using the kms?

All feedback is very welcome
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Don't know your exact status, but note that one of the nice rules of LanPass is that you can only drop one level per year. Hence if you are Comodoro this year, you will be Premium Silver next year even if you didn't qualify... or so they say.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 5:45 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Originally Posted by agadasch
In your link it says that these can only used on American Airlines, Qantas and Iberia.
Was there a change? Any options for AirBerlin or other OW partners?
That seems to be a translation mixup. The website in Spanish has the correct statement:
American Airlines, Qantas and Iberia are available for redemption on LAN.com, this isn't available for other OW or partner airlines, so for those you need to contact the call center or an office.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 4:44 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by andreadbc
That seems to be a translation mixup. The website in Spanish has the correct statement:
American Airlines, Qantas and Iberia are available for redemption on LAN.com, this isn't available for other OW or partner airlines, so for those you need to contact the call center or an office.
This appears to be misleading too. My experience is that you can only redeem for AA QF and IB if LAN happens to fly there too. So you could book LIM MIA, but not LIM SEA, you can have BOG MAD and MAD FRA but not BOG MAD HEL even though IB would take you there. You can book SCL AKL on QF but not SCL SYD PER.

I'd love to be corrected if I am wrong
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:32 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
This appears to be misleading too. My experience is that you can only redeem for AA QF and IB if LAN happens to fly there too. So you could book LIM MIA, but not LIM SEA, you can have BOG MAD and MAD FRA but not BOG MAD HEL even though IB would take you there. You can book SCL AKL on QF but not SCL SYD PER.

I'd love to be corrected if I am wrong
Well, yes... Successfully booking something on AA, QF, IB is another matter... but at least sometimes/some itineraries on those airlines are available on LAN.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.