Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Please help! LAN's South America pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2014, 10:08 am
Original Poster

I recently redeemed my BA avois to purchase a one-way ticket from North America to SCL, in which case I believe that I should qualify for the LAN other airline's South America Pass. However, I am wondering whether I can purchase the cheaper version, LAN's South America Pass to be more specific.

My AA flight is a codeshare with LAN, which can also be purchased on LAN's official website. However one of the LAN agent told me that if it is operated by AA, I can only purchase LAN other airline's South America Pass. Just out of curiosity, I went to their website and try to proceed using my AA confirmation number, which allows me to the very last step. How they gonna check it out? Would you guys recommend me to purchase the cheaper LAN's South America pass? Your comments are highly appreciated!

Note: I also tried a faked confirmation number which also works for purchasing LAN's South America pass...really confused...
Old May 18, 2014, 4:19 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Hi. I have not played with the SA Pass function recently, but as I recall, yes, the check for flight reservation was a pretty crude instrument, was able to input historical flight numbers. Should you go for it? Why not, use the avenue that gives you the best prices and flexibility. Remember the Pass usually books into H (pros and cons) and sometimes you can do better.
Old May 18, 2014, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Hi. I have not played with the SA Pass function recently, but as I recall, yes, the check for flight reservation was a pretty crude instrument, was able to input historical flight numbers. Should you go for it? Why not, use the avenue that gives you the best prices and flexibility. Remember the Pass usually books into H (pros and cons) and sometimes you can do better.
Thanks for your reply! I really got nervous because LAN is obviously treating foreigners differently in SA, trying their best to charge higher fares, so I do not want face the penalty or difficulty at check in. I will depart from SCL to LIMA, then two domestic trips in Peru. Any other thoughts?
Old May 18, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Do you still have some Avios? Normally spending Avios for domestic flights within Peru is much better deal than booking airpass but finding availability for Santiago-Lima can be difficult (and the airpass requires booking 3 segments)...

Last edited by miikkak; May 18, 2014 at 12:30 pm
Old May 18, 2014, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miikkak
Do you still have some Avios? Normally spending Avios for domestic flights within Peru is much better deal than booking airpass but finding availability for Santiago-Lima can be difficult (and the airpass requires booking 3 segments)...
Thanks for your reply! I do but BA does not have any awards seats available on the date I want...
Old May 23, 2014, 12:30 pm

What is the price difference between an airpass bought with an incoming LAN flight or an incoming OneWorld flight? It appears that the former are issued in a lower fare class but it is very difficult to figure out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.