Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

April so welcome to your new status level

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others

Systems updated showing you better/worse/same status level. How did you do?

I can confirm that the promise that LAN will not drop you more than one level no matter your qualifying kms is true.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:23 am
Original Poster

I should answer my own question. Me, I used the past year to cash in kms and use Comodoro upgrades/benefits with award tix and also “banked” the last 1/2 of the year so I barely qualified, but LAN only dropped me to Premium Silver. It worked, last years km credited to this year to give me a kickstart. Already I have the Biz segments flown and stopped just short of the needed kms waiting until March 31 benefits period end. My next flight pops me over the 50k threshold so I will regain Comodoro for 2013 in 12 days after... and if I understand correctly, until March 31 2015!

Gotta love LanPass!

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Apr 2, 2013 at 9:41 am
Old Apr 2, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
I should answer my own question. Me, I used the past year to cash in kms and use Comodoro upgrades/benefits with award tix and also “banked” the last 1/2 of the year so I barely qualified, but LAN only dropped me to Premium Silver. It worked, last years km credited to this year to give me a kickstart. Already I have the Biz segments flown and stopped just short of the needed kms waiting until March 31 benefits period end. My next flight pops me over the 50k threshold so I will regain Comodoro for 2013 in 12 days after... and if I understand correctly, until March 31 2015!

Gotta love LanPass!
that's true. status should be valid until mar 2015 - and you will get another 6 upgrade vouchers for companions ... i will do the same next year. drop to premium silver and then requalify to comodoro in april ... upgrade vouchers for companions are quite handy here in europe for the short hop from FRA to MAD ... they always clear
Old Apr 16, 2013, 7:01 am
Original Poster

^ Flights posted within days and upgraded status posted within 48 hours. Well done LanPass. Still waiting for coupons to become current though.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone had any luck with new 2013/2014 membership kits? (card, bag tag).
Chilean mail is slooooow
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Yup. Humourously, LAN had it delivered by Avianca by March 8th.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
that's true. status should be valid until mar 2015 - and you will get another 6 upgrade vouchers for companions ... i will do the same next year. drop to premium silver and then requalify to comodoro in april ... upgrade vouchers for companions are quite handy here in europe for the short hop from FRA to MAD ... they always clear
f0zzyNUE, they updated my upgrade account today to Comodoro, but with no additional coupons! Now has the ilimitado Comodoro line. Just says "Cupones one-way acompaņante Comodoro 0". The Prem Silver 6 are still there to be used.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
f0zzyNUE, they updated my upgrade account today to Comodoro, but with no additional coupons! Now has the ilimitado Comodoro line. Just says "Cupones one-way acompaņante Comodoro 0". The Prem Silver 6 are still there to be used.
that's strange, but my coupons were updated always about 7 days after status change. status update and coupon credit never occurred at the same time. so let's see how your upgrade coupon account looks like in about 10 days ...
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Just got off the phone with LAN this afternoon, the Back Office screwed up my address again (this is now 4 years in a row and I haven't moved!) so they didn't mail the kit (didn't get around to it more than likely.) Supposedly it will get here in 15 days but I really am not holding my breath on this one. Hopefully AA will have a working computer system by then so I can use the clubs in DFW and LHR without needing to go to the DL SC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.