Wiki Posts
Search

LAN lounge in MIA?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
LAN lounge in MIA?

I haven't flown through MIA since 1997, so I'm a bit rusty with the facilities and LAN's website is not very useful. Does LAN have its own lounge at MIA for J passengers, or does it share? And where is it located?

Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:00 am

We flew LAN MIA-SCL in September in J. Lan gave us passes for the Delta operated lounge.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks! That's good to know - my experience tells me that the Delta BusElite lounges are a far cry better than the LAN lounge in SCL.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zpaul
Thanks! That's good to know - my experience tells me that the Delta BusElite lounges are a far cry better than the LAN lounge in SCL.
It is a Delta SkyClub in Miami, in my opinion not the greatest SkyClub but it is nice that they give you passes when flying on LAN to the lounge....at least there will be wifi, drinks and some snacks.

Here is a link to a trip report someone did:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/174927/
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:24 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
If you´re Comodoro, you can usually go to the AA Flagship Lounge which is quite nice. However, I think it is being renovated now, so depends when your flight is.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:55 am
Original Poster

I did a little more thinking about it and realized that I also have access to the AAdmirals Clubs on the D concourse, where I arrive on the domestic leg from Denver. Nothing says that the international clubs are the only option on a long layover, I realized! Plus, the AAdmirals Clubs now offer complimentary drinks, so they're on par with the int'l lounges in that respect.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

No Flagship Lounge in MIA anymore, unfortunately. Visited bioth the AC at D15 and D30, D30 definitely better. Unfortunately, I left the AC to get to the J concourse early to find a ridiculously incomplete and hard-to-find Delta SkyClub serving LAN J class. Very limited drinks (only Chardonnay and Merlot for wine...!) and nothing more than chocolate chip cookies, carrots, celery and crackers for food. Very nice décor, though. And free WiFi.

Not bad, but I'd rather drink good wine for a charge at the bar in the terminal.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
LAN in Miami one uses Club America which is a vast improvement over the Delta lounge.

I'm actually in the J Club America now: Some sandwiches, soup, open bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.