Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

U.S. Bank and LAN Airlines Introduce LANPASS Visa Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Bank and LAN Airlines Introduce LANPASS Visa Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:36 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I gave it a try...

I applied for both the Visa Signature (20K miles) and the Visa card (15K miles) just now. I had them open in different browsers and submitted them simultaneously.

Unfortunately, I did not get instant approval on either one. I got two "we can't approve you based on the information you've provided. You'll hear from us within 7-10 days for more information."

I called the reconsideration number but they said I need to call back after 2-3 business days to give their systems time to update.

I don't have any US Bank cards currently. I have excellent credit in the 780 range. However, I'm a stay at home mom so my employment status could have been an issue.

I probably should have tried this for my husband instead of for me.

Will post updates when i have more information.

Anita

Last edited by akp; Apr 17, 2012 at 6:15 pm Reason: fixed an error. I wasn't rejected, I just did not receive instant approval
Old Nov 12, 2012, 5:54 am
akp

Two browser update

Hi,

As I posted just above, I tried a two browser application with US Bank for the Visa Signature and the Visa back in April. After a lengthy wait, I was denied for the Signature (my first ever denial!) but approved for the regular Visa with a credit limit of $1000. I received the 24k bonus after hitting the spend.

I applied for the Lanpass Visa Signature again in October because I'm about to book some LAN flights and would prefer to transfer as little from Starwood as possible.

I was approved and received a second Visa (not Signature) with another puny credit limit. About a week later, I got a THIRD LAN card in the mail, this time a Signature Visa. After another week or so, I got a letter explaining that per my request (not), they'd switched my Visa out for a Visa Signature. Very strange doings with US Bank.

Anyway, I'll post if I get a bonus from this new card.

Anita

Last edited by akp; Nov 18, 2012 at 7:51 am Reason: clarified again
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:18 pm
akp

Update: received bonus twice

As noted in the previous two posts, I've now gotten 2 LANPASS Visa cards from US Bank.

I received 24000 KM first use bonus for each (even though the second card was a Signature...kind of).

5 months gap between first and second card.

Anita
Old Apr 28, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: All of 'em
Can anyone confirm the 1.6km = 1mile ratio?
How does it show in your account?
Old May 19, 2013, 10:25 pm

Programs: LANPASS, Aerolineas PLUS
Yes. I rarely use it (I live in Argentina and use BBVA LANPass as main card and they follow they same 1USD = 1.61kms) but the few times I did appeared as "US Bank CONSUMPTION VISA" with the converted rate to kms already (i.e. 6 USD = 10 kms rounded it up )
Old Aug 7, 2013, 10:26 pm

Data Point:
Applied for and was approved for 2 cards (Sig and Visa)
US Bank made 2 new LANPASS accounts for me, even thought I put in my original one in the applications
Called US Bank to correct, they said need to contact LAN (not sure how LAN can make future purchases points go to the right accounts)
Spoke with LAN (insert normal customer service experience) 3 weeks later and all miles / upgrades are now in my original account, so this is good.
This was better than expected based on my Club Carlson (Per + Biz) experience where I am unable to combine cards (which hurts for elite status credits as they gave me 15 per card since I'm already gold)
I haven't confirmed any spend since goes to the correct account.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zozeppelin
Data Point:
Applied for and was approved for 2 cards (Sig and Visa)
US Bank made 2 new LANPASS accounts for me, even thought I put in my original one in the applications
They did that to me too. It was a somewhat complex tasks to link them online (I had to call to get the procedure right), and I had to scan a page from my passport (though other IDs may have sufficed, dunno) and then reduce it to a tiny file size to let their site take it, all to be able to link my existing account to a new account. (And apparently online myself is the only way to do it, I asked them on the phone if they could link them and they said they couldn't.)

In fact, has anyone ever gotten US Bank to open a LAN Visa that was linked to the existing account you specify during the online application?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 6:47 am

Exclamation

Do you still get one km per each km you buy with your Lanpass Visa? Say If I buy 70000 km would I get another 70000 km ?

I have the Lanpass Visa Signature and already got 20k km after my first purchase. So If I buy 100k km I would get 200k km ( buy one mile get one free ) + 20k km I already have and with that I should be able to get 3 rt tickets from South America to the US ?

The miles would cost 2000usd, but with the 20% discount card feature, it should be 1600$ divided by 3 = 533.33 usd per ticket?

If my math is right, we will then be traveling very soon Can anyone confirm if this is doable?

Last edited by nikad; Mar 1, 2014 at 10:01 am
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by nikad
Do you still get one km per each km you buy with your Lanpass Visa? Say If I buy 70000 km would I get another 70000 km ?

I have the Lanpass Visa Signature and already got 20k km after my first purchase. So If I buy 100k km I would get 200k km ( buy one mile get one free ) + 20k km I already have and with that I should be able to get 3 rt tickets from South America to the US ?

The miles would cost 2000usd, but with the 20% discount card feature, it should be 1600$ divided by 3 = 533.33 usd per ticket?

If my math is right, we will then be traveling very soon Can anyone confirm if this is doable?
I guess nobody knows over here?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: All of 'em
I thought discount is for flights taken, not miles bought.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by nikad
I guess nobody knows over here?
It's hard to know with LAN, remember that their customer service (to resolve the big problems) is the worst!!!. The LANPASS Visa benefits does not say anything about the bonus.

You can not make an small purchase to try (like 1500 km), because you will loose your 20% discount.

Can anyone check their account to see how many one way upgrade coupons do you guys have? I got my 3 coupons on January, but they have an expiration date of 3/31/2014. On April 1 I got new coupons, but this time I received just 2 instead of 3.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by fedechat
It's hard to know with LAN, remember that their customer service (to resolve the big problems) is the worst!!!. The LANPASS Visa benefits does not say anything about the bonus.

You can not make an small purchase to try (like 1500 km), because you will loose your 20% discount.

Can anyone check their account to see how many one way upgrade coupons do you guys have? I got my 3 coupons on January, but they have an expiration date of 3/31/2014. On April 1 I got new coupons, but this time I received just 2 instead of 3.
I just found that in the fine print. However the buy 1 mile get 1 free with US Bank LAN is still current, so if you buy 100000km you get another 100000 and you only need 10000 for 3 RT tickets @ 2000usd Not too bad huh?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Is not a bad promotion, paying $2.000 (less the 20%=$1.600) for 200.000 KM is a good price. Besides, you can use your upgrade tickets to get a Business seat, the cost for US-SA or SA-US is 3 for one leg.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:48 pm

fedechat, those coupons will only apply to *one person* on *one leg*. Much less useful than I'd hoped, unless I can get two Signature Visas.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:22 pm

Well.. this kinda indirectly concerns the LAN Card but also the LifeMiles Card. Both are issued by US Bank and the T&C of both state that cards closed in the last 12 mo will be re-opened and no first-use miles awarded. I asked a similar question in the LifeMiles forum but haven't got a response yet so thought I'd try here.

From reading this thread, I see that some have been approved for a second LAN card while the first remained open, but has anyone closed their LAN card and then re-applied in less than 12 months only to have the previous card "reopened" with no first use miles awarded?

And therefore by extrapolation... anyone done the same for the LifeMiles card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.