Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAM award availability

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2009, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
TAM award availability

On question about TAM award availability from Europa to Brazil an vice versa.
I try to book an award via miles and more. Until a few month ago, there was always a good availability in D U T booking class for intercontinental flights. Now, it seems, that there is no availability any more at all. I checked a few weeks from germany, italy, UK and france to brazil, and there was not free one seat any more. This is also confirmed by miles and more. Is TAM giving award space only to its own frequent flyers, or is this a problem for fidelidade members also?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
All I can chime in with is that I just recently got a domestic award ticket with Fidelidade points with no problem for Dec 18.

You didn't mention when you were flying.If sometime this Spring, might a restriction on award seats be tied to the upcoming entry of TAM into *A? That is, reduce or limit variables to make the initial transition/integration simpler?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 8:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
AFAIK Fidelidade members there is not "certain amount" of seats available for redemptions. As far as there is a free seat on the plane, you can book it. I never had any issues on this. You need to book at least 7 days prior to departure though. Don't know about M&M
Old Dec 9, 2009, 6:12 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by heramato
As far as there is a free seat on the plane, you can book it. I never had any issues on this.
This does not apply to intercontinental flights
Old Dec 9, 2009, 7:19 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Domestic flights, always available as long as there is a seat for sale, per T&C

International flights... difficult, to say the least.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
True. This rule apply for domestic and South America flights and not intercontinental.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
I tried it for several month between january and june, without any success. Perhaps it has indeed sth to do with the entry into *A or the revent change to amadeus.

Domestic space is stil there, also for m&m members (but it also is a little bit worse than spme month ago, but there has to be some advantage for you fidelidade members also )
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I have never had success with JJ international awards and doubt it will happen now. Domestic ones are never an issue, as others have commented. Given the lousy JJ point expiration policy I'm switching to using a *A program, probably US, when I fly JJ. Given that I'm on JJ a great deal I'd like to stay with the Fidelidade but it is just too poor a program. Maybe they will improve it before I do finally change. Almost no benefit from Vermelho makes me even more likely to switch.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 2:58 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

TAM Awards on ExpertFlyer

As some of you may know, we briefly had TAM award availability on ExpertFlyer (D,U,T) before TAM stopped displaying the classes. We see here: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52289,00.html that is looks like TAM may soon realign their award class structure.

Can anyone shed light on what the correct award classes are so we can display them on EF? Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
As some of you may know, we briefly had TAM award availability on ExpertFlyer (D,U,T) before TAM stopped displaying the classes. We see here: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52289,00.html that is looks like TAM may soon realign their award class structure.

Can anyone shed light on what the correct award classes are so we can display them on EF? Thanks for your help.
At the moment, it is still L for domestic awards. This was never right on EF award view.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 1:10 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Moranguinho
At the moment, it is still L for domestic awards. This was never right on EF award view.
We added L classes to the Award search, let us know if you have any issues. So then was T class international awards?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
We added L classes to the Award search, let us know if you have any issues. So then was T class international awards?
Yes, T was international Y award, D and U was C and F (or F and C). But for those international classes I have not seen any space for month, not on EF and not via M&M Hotline (perhaps via TAM it is different).
Old May 4, 2010, 9:22 pm

Is there any way to check TAM award space without an EF/KVS subscription and without calling an airline?
Old May 5, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by abcx
Is there any way to check TAM award space without an EF/KVS subscription and without calling an airline?
Perhaps after May 13 when TAM is officially in *A they will show up in the ANA tool.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:55 am

Bumping this. Not seeing anything on EF. Is it there these days?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.