Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM schedule/equipment changes due to 787 issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM schedule/equipment changes due to 787 issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Was on LA575 BOG-SCL and LA576 SCL-BOG, both operated by WAMOS A330-200. Both flights were daytime flights and both planes were ex AirBerlin birds. They were clearly not identical, in particular the seat map in J differs (a "feature" discussed in the AB forum at length). However, I find the seats quite comfortable, although a bit narrow.

The service on the outbound leg was excellent. The meals were standard LA J class meals, with the only difference that the drinks list didn't feature Pisco Sour (and it also wasn't available on demand). The service on the inbound was clearly sub-standard, it took way too long until it started and the flight attendants were totally clueless ... Also, not all the wines on the list had been catered. The supervisor was very apologetic and explained that there were catering issues in SCL and the crew clearly lacked experience in premium cabin service.

Would I fly them again? Probably yes, if the schedule and price are convenient.
Would I prefer them over legacy Latam service? Definitely not!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:35 pm
Suspended

My 787 flight IPC-SCL has been swaped with an old 777-200 (apparently bought from SQ)
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
They are leased until the 787s engines are fixed (they were SQ, but they are decommissioned and had been stored in VCV for a while).

Last edited by MfromL; Jul 18, 2018 at 3:17 am Reason: fix
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Originally Posted by Tom_D
My 787 flight IPC-SCL has been swaped with an old 777-200 (apparently bought from SQ)
When is your flight? My SCL-IPC itinerary still shows a 787-9 for both outbound and inbound in early Sept.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JetSetDave
When is your flight? My SCL-IPC itinerary still shows a 787-9 for both outbound and inbound in early Sept.
Early September, but only for the inbound. The cabin map is not the same as the 787 (it starts on row 11, but still 2-2-2 config)
​​​​​
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:52 pm

1st Nov to 1st Jan - no availability

there is zero availability on scl-ipc and ipc-scl from 1st nov to 1st Dec. flights are available before and after. Expert flyer was showing equipment change in progress on one of the dates. That’s how I came to know. Any idea if this issue will be fixed by December? I am holding back booking tickets to Chile because of this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by funkyfuturist
there is zero availability on scl-ipc and ipc-scl from 1st nov to 1st Dec. flights are available before and after. Expert flyer was showing equipment change in progress on one of the dates. That’s how I came to know. Any idea if this issue will be fixed by December? I am holding back booking tickets to Chile because of this.
If the "issue" you're referring to is the 787 engine troubles, it will almost certainly not be fixed by December. However, it is almost certain that LA will continue to offer some service between SCL and IPC, as those flights are a vital lifeline for the residents and businesses on Easter Island. As you note, they are probably in the process of figuring out what equipment to deploy on the route (prior to the engine troubles it had been a 787 for the past couple years or so), after which they will reload availability accordingly.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by funkyfuturist
in the same boat, hopefully they'll reload inventory!
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt GLOB
SCL-IPC, IPC-SCL equipment and schedule

If anyone happens to fly on the 777 on the SCL-IPC or IPC-SCL, I'd love to hear anything you have to say about the plane/experience. We shelled out for business class a few months ago, thinking that it would be the modern 787 equipment. This seems quite the downgrade, but of course safety comes first.

Also, I have seen a bunch of articles/discussions on the internet that claim that the flights are reduced to once a week. We are scheduled to fly SCL-IPC on August 1 and IPC-SCL on August 4. But if the schedule is reduced to once a week, our itinerary cannot possibly still work. LATAM has not told us anything. We only found out something changed because we wanted to recheck the seat assignments and we noticed the new map. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by setec
If anyone happens to fly on the 777 on the SCL-IPC or IPC-SCL, I'd love to hear anything you have to say about the plane/experience. We shelled out for business class a few months ago, thinking that it would be the modern 787 equipment. This seems quite the downgrade, but of course safety comes first.

Also, I have seen a bunch of articles/discussions on the internet that claim that the flights are reduced to once a week. We are scheduled to fly SCL-IPC on August 1 and IPC-SCL on August 4. But if the schedule is reduced to once a week, our itinerary cannot possibly still work. LATAM has not told us anything. We only found out something changed because we wanted to recheck the seat assignments and we noticed the new map. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
search for:

LATAM RECEIVES OLD SINGAPORE AIRLINES 777-200’S – THEY ARE IN ROUGH SHAPE

Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:59 am

Here's an official statement from latam regarding the 777 on IPC Route:
https://www.latamtrade.com/en_us/new...ta_scl_ipc_ENG
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:32 am

Has Anyone flown the 777 to IPC yet?

any experiences on the old SQ 777? Flying this route in a couple of weeks and am curious. I wonder if its possible that its one of the refurbished 772's with leather J seats- though im not sure any of those were retired by SQ..
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Here you go.
CedarSwampThing likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: LATAM Black
Originally Posted by swiss_global
Was on LA575 BOG-SCL and LA576 SCL-BOG, both operated by WAMOS A330-200. Both flights were daytime flights and both planes were ex AirBerlin birds. They were clearly not identical, in particular the seat map in J differs (a "feature" discussed in the AB forum at length). However, I find the seats quite comfortable, although a bit narrow.

The service on the outbound leg was excellent. The meals were standard LA J class meals, with the only difference that the drinks list didn't feature Pisco Sour (and it also wasn't available on demand). The service on the inbound was clearly sub-standard, it took way too long until it started and the flight attendants were totally clueless ... Also, not all the wines on the list had been catered. The supervisor was very apologetic and explained that there were catering issues in SCL and the crew clearly lacked experience in premium cabin service.

Would I fly them again? Probably yes, if the schedule and price are convenient.
Would I prefer them over legacy Latam service? Definitely not!
Agree with this - flew LA576 yesterday. Seats are a bit narrow - somehow uncomfortable in flat position - I was glad that I was on a day flight and not night flight. Food same as LATAM, but no pisco sours, no newspapers nor magazines. Reduced amount of in-flight entertainment. In general OK, but not as good as the standard J product.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CedarSwampThing
any experiences on the old SQ 777? Flying this route in a couple of weeks and am curious. I wonder if its possible that its one of the refurbished 772's with leather J seats- though im not sure any of those were retired by SQ..
Seats are the same as on the link provided above. Seats are overall OK. Not lie flat. I would recommend avoiding 14J and K as pax seemed to struggle using their seat (so did the crew).
Power socket is a hit or miss, some of them are sealed 14EF were fine, but 13Kand J not.
The IFE was not functional on my flight and I do not think it will be on other given the lease of the aircraft.
I am not familiar of Latam and I am not sure if it's the same with the 787 but on the plus side, the flight left on the international terminal which give access to lounge. I found report on this flight mentioning the domestic terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.