Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM Pass Folks: are you already using the Multiplus platform?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum

I was wondering how the merger of the two programs are working for the people enrolled in LATAM Pass. What have been the changes so far?
Appreciate your input.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by broland
I was wondering how the merger of the two programs are working for the people enrolled in LATAM Pass. What have been the changes so far?
Appreciate your input.
I havent seen any diference so far as Multiplus goes (i think that Lan will go for Multiplus later this year)

I am not looking for it, since even the change of KMs to Miles have been a problem (flys on JJ are almost imposible to book online)
Old Feb 23, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
what is latam Multiplus?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by RolfD
what is latam Multiplus?
Multiplus is the new platform LATAM Pass clients will control their accounts, redeem miles etc. It's like Aeroplan and Air Canada, except for the fact that Air Canada will ditch Aeroplan soon.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:43 am

Multiplus is the new platform LATAM Pass clients will control their accounts, redeem miles etc. It's like Aeroplan and Air Canada, except for the fact that Air Canada will ditch Aeroplan soon.
just trying to understand the new points is difficult enough plus this new point systems has a lot of errors, just wonder if Multiplus will be as chaotic as the new latam points?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:46 am
Original Poster

just trying to understand the new points is difficult enough plus this new point systems has a lot of errors, just wonder if Multiplus will be as chaotic as the new latam points?
Unfortunately, yes. Multiplus is as bad as it can be ...
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:58 am

Unfortunately, yes. Multiplus is as bad as it can be ...

Just complete a long haul J trip and the points credit to my account are incorrect( we talking 20000 points missing from the account). I created a case file to address the issue regarding the point conversion and how many points are needed to maintain the status. I did spoke to the customer service agent and that was an dejavu experience ( they are lost, can't even understand their own system). Latam should get their act together with the new point system before introducing a new platform
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Just complete a long haul J trip and the points credit to my account are incorrect( we talking 20000 points missing from the account). I created a case file to address the issue regarding the point conversion and how many points are needed to maintain the status. I did spoke to the customer service agent and that was an dejavu experience ( they are lost, can't even understand their own system). Latam should get their act together with the new point system before introducing a new platform
In fact, the point system has been adopted in Brazil for many years now. The main problem with LATAM/Multiplus is their IT department. A friend of mine has about 20k points missing as well. He emailed them, they did not answer and the case is closed according to official records.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:48 am

In fact, the point system has been adopted in Brazil for many years now. The main problem with LATAM/Multiplus is their IT department. A friend of mine has about 20k points missing as well. He emailed them, they did not answer and the case is closed according to official records.
your friend should escalated the claim to the lanpass management team
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Great move by LATAM, creating more confusion and problems where they don't need to exist. I can only guess that it was their intent to make customers frustrated, and give up on the idea of redeeming km/miles/points altogether.

If management were serious about making the customer experience better, they would have left things alone. ONE website to book and redeem flights, whether paying for a ticket with cash or miles/points. (As many issues as AA and UA may have, even they keep it simple in this regard.) Even after reading LATAM's silly email and link about Multiplus, I fail to see them listing any actual benefits of this new system.
RolfD likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DarrenChannel
Great move by LATAM, creating more confusion and problems where they don't need to exist.
That's the company's hidden philosophy ...
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
your friend should escalated the claim to the lanpass management team
I'm the friend! As a Black Signature I can say I'm bit horrified by all sorts of problems that my Multiplus account carries now. I decided to request for some help from Special Services team at least to get my coupons back in the upgrade section of Latam's website. For a reason no one can guess since the beginning of February that page shows my status as Latam with 0 coupons... It should be showing 6 for companions now and I still have plans for a short hop to MIA in Y with my significant other in March before these 6 expire and the new 6 of them for the next period as a BS are posted.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by AlexMC
I'm the friend! As a Black Signature I can say I'm bit horrified by all sorts of problems that my Multiplus account carries now. I decided to request for some help from Special Services team at least to get my coupons back in the upgrade section of Latam's website. For a reason no one can guess since the beginning of February that page shows my status as Latam with 0 coupons... It should be showing 6 for companions now and I still have plans for a short hop to MIA in Y with my significant other in March before these 6 expire and the new 6 of them for the next period as a BS are posted.
IMO you should contact the supervisor of the latam Multiplus and create a case file, please document all the information that appears on your account ( e.g. screen shots or any other documents) and keep at it because they will say the case is closed... just be polite but direct to the point until you get a correct answer
Old May 11, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
I logged on to my LatamPass account today and received the following pop-up note:

Now your LATAM Pass account earns Multiplus Points. Multiplus is the platform for earning and redeeming that is associated with our LATAM Pass program. Create your Multiplus access password and enjoy your benefits.

I have created a password and tried checking Multiplus award availability for domestic flights in Peru. It looks really bad. First, many Peruvian airports, especially the ones that were added to the LA network in recent years (Ayacucho, Jaen, Jauja) are not available and such trips cannot be booked. Second, a domestic round trip in Peru is now worth... 40 000 points, which 9-10 times more than it was just a few days ago, before the Multiplus era. I hope this is just a temporary glitch or could it be an introduction of a point-of-sale restriction for award flights? The email I received from Latam earlier said, "Remember, this change will not affect your current account status nor the way you redeem your points." Perhaps a new award chart for domestic flights is not part of "the way we redeem points" in Multiplus/Latam language.

I also cannot log in to my Latam account and see my reservations. I suppose this part will be solved soon.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: Latampass Black
I already had a Multiplus account. I still have it, but the Latam Pass miles haven't been credited to it!
So I have no idea where they put the miles from my Latam Pass account...

UPDATE: I just called Latam to find out what's going on with my points.
Step 1 - Dial the call centre & select "English". The system asks for my FF number, so I enter it & it hangs up. Rinse & repeat - same result. The ONLY way to speak to someone is to ignore what it asks & pretend I'm not a Latam FF
Step 2 - Talk to the call centre & tell them I want to make a points booking, but my points aren't in Multiplus. They advise they're in transition & the points 'should' be available by the 13th May. So 3 years of planning & the result is to shut down their FF program to frequent flyers for 3 days!
Step 3 - Try to use existing Multiplus points to make a booking - Nope, just gives a Latam error & provides Latam's call centre number for help
Step 4 - I call the call centre again & they tell me the entire FF system is down & I can't even make a booking with existing Multiplus points - 'should' be fixed by the 13th.

I think we've all been pretty patient with Latam over the past 3 years & the disaster that they have exposed us to by pretending to be one airline whilst continuing to operate as two. This pathetic effort might just be enough to send me to Avianca for good...
Wellington Santos likes this.

Last edited by FairDinkumMate; May 11, 2018 at 11:21 am Reason: Add info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.