Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to LANPASS qualification

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Changes to LANPASS qualification

Has anyone seen the changes? I can only say that in Ecuador they are pretty outrageous. I can only hope that they are updating the web page and that the numbers I saw are incorrect.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA
link?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IanWorthington
link?
http://www.lan.com/es_ec/lanpass/sob...n-socio-elite/

Just go to LAN.com and change the country to which ever one you want to look at. I usually look at most of them to compare.

Last edited by postular; Feb 16, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I don't know what they were before, but at the linked site the charts seem very inconsistent.

If you qualify for anything beyond the first level on kms alone, over half your kms have to come from LATAM metal.

But the "combination" chart says no such thing, just mentions Premium Economy or above for the segments. So does that mean that if you do the segments on LATAM, then you can do the kms anywhere within oneworld? And do the segments even have to be on LATAM, or would business class segments on another oneworld airline count?

The US page is completely differently organized, and seems to say the combination can indeed be anywhere on oneworld for kms but seems to have to be on LATAM for segments:

http://www.lan.com/es_us/lanpass/sob...n-socio-elite/

But is that just a difference in formatting, or does the program work differently for those in Ecuador vs those in the US?

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 17, 2016 at 11:40 am Reason: fix typo
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: BA
I'm not seeing any change in CO.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: LANPASS
Originally Posted by sdsearch

But the "combination" chart says no such thing, just mentions Premium Economy or above for the segments. So does that mean that if you do the segments on LATAM, then you can do the kms anywhere within oneworld? And do the segments even have to on LATAM, or would business class segments on another oneworld airline count?
It doesn't say right below the chart, but the page does state:
Se considera clase superior a los vuelos en cabina Premium Business de LAN o TAM o Primera Clase de TAM de medio o largo alcance, cuya distancia sea mayor a 1.600 kms.

or roughly:

Upper class refers to flights on Premium Business in LAN or TAM, or First Class in TAM, long or medium haul routes with distances over 1.600 kms (1.000 miles)

-

as to why the US page has a different layout and rules, LAN is updating the look&feel on its sites in a phased manner, so there might be cases where one local site has a different/newer layout

Rules, IIRC, are also country-dependent. Even though most should be fairly similar, there are countries where elite status may be harder to attain than others
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:37 am
Original Poster

UPDATE

As I originally expected, the whizz kids at LAN.com simply loaded the wrong numbers for qualification. Now that they have been updated (in Ecuador) they remain unchanged from last year.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: JP SEN; LATAM Black Signature; Accor Plat
Originally Posted by postular
Has anyone seen the changes? I can only say that in Ecuador they are pretty outrageous. I can only hope that they are updating the web page and that the numbers I saw are incorrect.
But getting the requalification for Comodoro in Ecuador should be very simple if you chose the option to fly 4 segments on premium business and collect 50.000 kms. In some other countries its a little tougher to gain Comodoro status.

This is manageable on two return business flights (f. eg. JFK-GRU-EZE-GRU-JFK). That way you would collect way over 50.000 kms and would have more than 4 segments in premium business.

Or am I mistaking something?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LH_001
But getting the requalification for Comodoro in Ecuador should be very simple if you chose the option to fly 4 segments on premium business and collect 50.000 kms. In some other countries its a little tougher to gain Comodoro status.

This is manageable on two return business flights (f. eg. JFK-GRU-EZE-GRU-JFK). That way you would collect way over 50.000 kms and would have more than 4 segments in premium business.

Or am I mistaking something?
When they originally published the updates for 2016 in the Ecuador page they changed the numbers you quote here to 80,000 + 8 segments (the same as Chile). That would have been a huge jump in both kms and segments. But yes, as it is now and has been for the past couple of years (50,000 _ 4 segment) it is one of the easier countries in which to qualify as OW Emerald. That is why I withdrew my complaint and will continue with LANPASS for at least another year.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
now in colombia

http://www.lan.com/es_co/lanpass/sob...n-socio-elite/

any clues if this is an error as well?
they are now asking for same amount of flights/kms as in chile
Old Mar 16, 2016, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SCLflyer
now in colombia

http://www.lan.com/es_co/lanpass/sob...n-socio-elite/

any clues if this is an error as well?
they are now asking for same amount of flights/kms as in chile
It seems they are reformatting the LANPASS pages country by country and when they first enter the new format the numbers from Chile show up by default. I would keep checking back. But if Ecuador is a good example I would expect that you will see no changes from 2015.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.