Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

The handy LAN threads and links thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The handy LAN threads and links thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: Depends on the card offers :)
Any thoughts on why LAN makes it so ridiculously hard to figure out where they actually fly to? Yes, they have a "Where We Fly" section, but it produces a few grainy JPEGs that are hard to read and are not searchable.

And forget trying to figure out a more complicated route that might involve stopovers, unless you enjoy tracing hard to follow lines. ...Or booking using a OW partner, which seems to be notoriously difficult (but that's a whole 'nother problem).

....or....am I just missing something? If not, some kind of table would be GREAT!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Well, the OneWorld interactive map is really pretty good, for LAN and the partners... I find it a great resource, u might give it a try...

http://onw.innosked.com/?show=MAP
Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: Depends on the card offers :)
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Well, the OneWorld interactive map is really pretty good, for LAN and the partners... I find it a great resource, u might give it a try...

http://onw.innosked.com/?show=MAP
Wow...that's a wonderful resource, much thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Seat guru finally updated A340 seat maps

It took a lot of emails but it is finally done! Seat guru and by extension, Expert Flyer now have the updated A340 maps.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by phlashba
It took a lot of emails but it is finally done! Seat guru and by extension, Expert Flyer now have the updated A340 maps.
Well done, Plash, a big thank you for sticking with this. Many will benefit from your persistence!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:38 pm

Help understanding OW awards

Hi All,

I wanted to check whether anyone that had used LAN's OW http://www.lan.com/en_us/sitio_personas/lanpass/como_canjear/tabla_premios_oneworld.html to book flights could help with a specific query.

My question pertains to the last category in that table for travelled distance of 15k-100k kms. Based on the examples provided for MAD-CDG-MAD and MIA-MCO-MIA, it would seem that one must redeem miles on a segment by segment basis. If this is the case, then the last level makes no sense as there are no OW flights longer than 20k miles (I think LHR-SIN-SYD with a single flight number is the longest OW flight) and the 100k upper limit is superfluous.

On the other hand, do LAN offer awards similar to AA's OW awards, which are priced on the sum of distance of all segments travelled? Is this the same table for such awards? If yes, then they would be stellar value for miles!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by ajacpril
On the other hand, do LAN offer awards similar to AA's OW awards, which are priced on the sum of distance of all segments travelled? Is this the same table for such awards? If yes, then they would be stellar value for miles!
Sorry for replying to my own post, but I did find the (unfortunate) answer to my question after some digging in older threads.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Preserving LAN kms.

I suspect that the answer is here somewhere but I can't find it. I have 100k LANPASS kms. that will expire at the end of the year. Is there any way, other than flying LAN, to stop the kms from expiring?
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:20 am
Ambassador: LATAM
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by workandski
I suspect that the answer is here somewhere but I can't find it. I have 100k LANPASS kms. that will expire at the end of the year. Is there any way, other than flying LAN, to stop the kms from expiring?
Yes you can fly any other One World airline and credit to LAN
Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Yes you can fly any other One World airline and credit to LAN
According to the FAQs only LAN group flights will affect the date of KM expiration and I don't know of any other way of extending the date.

http://www.lan.com/en_us/sitio_perso...s/earning-kms/

Expiration of kms.

When do kms. expire?
The kms. earned for flights last for 36 months from the time they are earned. Kms. earned in associated companies last for three calendar years. Regardless, if you fly in LAN and earn one or more kilometers for this flight, ALL your kms. (from both flights and associated companies) are automatically renewed for 36 more months.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:44 am
Original Poster

I stand corrected 3544quebec, I just checked my own statement and my kms are 36 months from my last LAN flight and not my subsequent BA flight
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:21 am

And for the definitive link:

http://www.lan.com/en_us/sitio_perso...n/kms-lanpass/
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Thanks, everyone. Extending the expiration date on my LAN miles by flying American would have been great, but it sounds like it's not to be. I guess I'll have to find a friend who can use the miles.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Yes but that link posted by 3544quebec states

"If your kilometers are about to expire, they can be used towards a reward ticket (which will have a period of validity of 12 months). If you do not have a clear desired travel date, then you can change the date of your reward ticket as many times as you like at LAN.com at no additional cost."

So if you book an award for yourself you have a whole year to fly it. (I'd question your ability to change it as often as you like without costs though)
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Yes but that link posted by 3544quebec states

"If your kilometers are about to expire, they can be used towards a reward ticket (which will have a period of validity of 12 months). If you do not have a clear desired travel date, then you can change the date of your reward ticket as many times as you like at LAN.com at no additional cost."

So if you book an award for yourself you have a whole year to fly it. (I'd question your ability to change it as often as you like without costs though)
Thanks. I did figure out that I can book an award this year to fly next year. I think the LAN website is unclear as to whether there is a charge for changing the dates if I keep the destination the same. But, fortunately, I have a wedding to go to in Brazil next year, so I am hoping that I can use the miles for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.