Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

In-N-Out Without a Personal Car? Which one is closest to The Strip? How to get to?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In-N-Out Without a Personal Car? Which one is closest to The Strip? How to get to?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2009, 7:09 pm

Programs: United, Delta
Hehe, I wanted to go here on my last trip but never found the time. I did pass by the place early morning (it was closed) on my way to the Grand Canyon.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 1:36 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Sunnyhere
Hoofing it to the Maryland Parkway location is well within reason. When you're done, walk through the UNLV campus a look at the pretty students.
Response to an old post, but I agree - despite being on the east edge of the UNLV campus, the Maryland In-N-Out is probably less than a mile further from the MGM area than the one on Dean Martin. Consider that when I taught at UNLV (at a building on the east side of campus that was pretty close to In-N-Out), students often complained that they could only find parking in lots off Swenson, which is nearly to the Hard Rock on Paradise. If they can walk that far for class every day, I'm sure a once-in-a-while walk from the Strip isn't unreasonable.

That said, I personally would rather cab it to the other location, and certainly wouldn't bother walking in the summer heat.

Of course, I will probably be flamed for saying so, but I'm a much bigger fan of Carl's Jr. than In-N-Out, neither of which are available over here in the Midwest. Carl's Jr. is usually my first stop after arriving at McCarran.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by gengar
Of course, I will probably be flamed for saying so, but I'm a much bigger fan of Carl's Jr. than In-N-Out, neither of which are available over here in the Midwest. Carl's Jr. is usually my first stop after arriving at McCarran.
Mmmmm, Breakfast Burger at Carl's Jr. ^
Old Oct 27, 2009, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
At the risk of committing blasphemy, I'll also note that Fatburger is right on the Strip.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
At the risk of committing blasphemy, I'll also note that Fatburger is right on the Strip.
Have you tried that Fatburger? IMO that is the worst Fatburger in terms of quality I've ever had. My last time there was over 2 years ago after I've been there three times previously thinking the other time was a fluke but each time they've been just bad.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kingalien
Have you tried that Fatburger? IMO that is the worst Fatburger in terms of quality I've ever had. My last time there was over 2 years ago after I've been there three times previously thinking the other time was a fluke but each time they've been just bad.
See? I committed blasphemy.

I've been to that Fatburger once and it was an okay burger...but hardly In-N-Out.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 7:04 am

Programs: United, Delta
There was a Carl Jr nearly right on the strip or at the least the Deuce passed right by it (on the way to Fremont St). I feel like I need to go back to Vegas just to eat at all the places I didn't get a chance to.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 11:39 am

Programs: SkyTeam Elite
The In-n-Out off of I-15 is always my first stop after leaving McCarran, and I have yet to find a cab driver who is not willing to drive thru and order for me on the way to the hotel. I've successfully done this at all times of day and night, and highly recommend it!
Old Dec 16, 2009, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by misslee
The In-n-Out off of I-15 is always my first stop after leaving McCarran, and I have yet to find a cab driver who is not willing to drive thru and order for me on the way to the hotel. I've successfully done this at all times of day and night, and highly recommend it!
I've never done that as it would normally entail taking the Tunnel, which adds a good bit of cost to the trip...

When I've stayed on the northern part of the Strip, I've had cabbies run me through the In-N-Out on Maryland before just going south to the airport.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mersk862
I've never done that as it would normally entail taking the Tunnel, which adds a good bit of cost to the trip...
No need to tunnel - the cabbie can take Swenson to Tropicana and over.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FTconnie
There was a Carl Jr nearly right on the strip or at the least the Deuce passed right by it (on the way to Fremont St). I feel like I need to go back to Vegas just to eat at all the places I didn't get a chance to.
there is a carl's just north of the in-n-out on Maryland...

now if Vegas got a Culver's...that would be something worth the time to cab/walk to.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:25 pm

Programs: SWA Companion Pass, SWA A-list+, National Executive, Hilton Diamond
Carl's Jr? F**ing Hardees's...nothing to see here, move along.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
OK, I love In-N-Out, but seriously... it is a $1.50 hamburger (the best $1.50 hamburger, but still fast food)... you have some of the best restaurants in the world in Las Vegas, try one out!
Old Dec 17, 2009, 1:37 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
now if Vegas got a Culver's...that would be something worth the time to cab/walk to.
I've had a Culver's nearly next door to me (not in Vegas) for a while now but haven't gone - guess I'll have to try it out.

Originally Posted by FlyingTigers
Carl's Jr? F**ing Hardees's...nothing to see here, move along.
Not close to the same thing. Even though their menus have seen more cross-influencing lately, the recipes and ingredients are different even for the supposedly similar items. I have Hardee's where I am, but don't even bother with them, and Carl's Jr. is still usually my first stop after McCarran.

Originally Posted by opus17
OK, I love In-N-Out, but seriously... it is a $1.50 hamburger (the best $1.50 hamburger, but still fast food)... you have some of the best restaurants in the world in Las Vegas, try one out!
There have been a few times my Carl's Jr. experience has rivaled my Michelin star restaurant experience. Just sayin'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.