FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Las Vegas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas-463/)
-   -   Consolidated "Wynn" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas/283996-consolidated-wynn-thread.html)

Boraxo Apr 11, 2011 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by jaymar01 (Post 16136188)
From Visa Signature......

$200 Dining Credit Stay 2 nights or more at the Wynn Las Vegas

"For a limited time, receive a $200 dining credit on stays 2 nights or longer, that can be used at notable restaurants such as Bartolotta and SW Steakhouse. This credit is in addition to the $25 food or beverage voucher that is one of the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection’s seven exclusive benefits, all of which you will still receive if you book this offer before April 30th (applicable for hotels stays through September 30, 2011)."

http://www.visasignaturehotels.com/s...-dining-credit

Great deal if you can get the $169/nt rate but not so good for the dates I need: $499x2 nights :(

Big Mac Apr 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by bubb1 (Post 16188019)
In the past I've preferred Encore for newer rooms, but I believe Wynn just renovated their tower suites. I'd watch FT and other sites for reports.

Originally Posted by ethanwa (Post 16190339)
Staying in a newly renovated Salon Suite at the Wynn right now while I'm typing this actually. I must say, it's pretty amazing. Everything is now controlled with the in-room system for drapes, temp, maid service, phone system, etc. Really I think the difference between Wynn and Encore is more just your sense of style and what you like. I'm pretty sure they are equally comparable in terms of luxury.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
I went ahead and booked an Ecnore TS room after I took a look at the renovated Wynn TS rooms (not my cup of tea). I prefer the more modern look of Encore.
Anyway, I'm now debating about switching to the Cosmopolitan specifically because of the rooms with balconies facing the Bellagio fountains. ^^

irmster Apr 18, 2011 5:40 pm

I know Executive Suites at Wynn have 2 bathrooms - but is there more room space than a normal Tower Suite? Also, have they been renovated?

Have to decide whether to take 5 nights in a Tower Suite RFB or 5 nights in an Exec Suite with FB limited to $200 a night. Not sure what is the better deal.

ethanwa Apr 18, 2011 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by irmster (Post 16240884)
I know Executive Suites at Wynn have 2 bathrooms - but is there more room space than a normal Tower Suite? Also, have they been renovated?

Have to decide whether to take 5 nights in a Tower Suite RFB or 5 nights in an Exec Suite with FB limited to $200 a night. Not sure what is the better deal.

Tower Suites gives you access to so much more. Restaurants, pools, line pass to buffet, etc. Not only that but sounds like you get FULL RFB. Why not ask them to upgrade your Tower Suites room for that extra $50-100/night? I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they said "OK" and put you in the Parlor Suite. A room is a room, and honestly unless you are entertaining you really don't need a ton of space, and you'll be out of it most of the time. I'd jump on the Tower Suites in my opinion. At check-in (or better through your Host) ask for a paid upgrade on top of your RFB.

irmster Apr 19, 2011 6:17 am

Originally Posted by ethanwa (Post 16242498)
At check-in (or better through your Host) ask for a paid upgrade on top of your RFB.

My host has told me you can't pay to upgrade a comp room, either through him or at check in at Wynn. I would have been quite happy to do that.

My choice is a normal Tower Suite with full RFB or an Exec suite with $200 a night FB.

rich0215 Apr 21, 2011 10:15 pm

Is spa/gym access free for Tower guests?

Amicus Apr 22, 2011 12:14 am

Originally Posted by rich0215 (Post 16260757)

It is now. It's called a "resort fee"

OverThereTooMuch Apr 22, 2011 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Amicus (Post 16261096)
It is now. It's called a "resort fee"

I'm pretty sure there's no resort fee for anyone staying in a Tower suite or higher. I've seen this in the fine print when making a reservation.

azepine00 Apr 22, 2011 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch (Post 16262412)
I'm pretty sure there's no resort fee for anyone staying in a Tower suite or higher. I've seen this in the fine print when making a reservation.

No resort fee for TS guests but spa access was still $40/day a couple months back.

BenjaminNicholas Apr 22, 2011 2:33 pm

Was at Wynncore last week and 'resort fees' are now built-into the parlor/salone suites (and above) rate. They were still charging folks who were on the TS side, but in a base room, the standard resort fee.

This is Vegas, which means it's all subject to change at a moment's notice.

BN

QuietLion Apr 22, 2011 2:42 pm

I believe the resort fee includes the gym but not the spa. However, if you rent a parlor suite or above (paid or comped), don't be surprised if the spa admission doesn't show up on your bill. Mr. Wynn has traditionally waived that automatically, even though no hotel employees seem to be willing to tell you.

QL

azepine00 Apr 22, 2011 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by jaymar01 (Post 16136188)
From Visa Signature......

$200 Dining Credit Stay 2 nights or more at the Wynn Las Vegas

"For a limited time, receive a $200 dining credit on stays 2 nights or longer, that can be used at notable restaurants such as Bartolotta and SW Steakhouse. This credit is in addition to the $25 food or beverage voucher that is one of the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection’s seven exclusive benefits, all of which you will still receive if you book this offer before April 30th (applicable for hotels stays through September 30, 2011)."

http://www.visasignaturehotels.com/s...-dining-credit

This looks very attractive - does the credit work on all dining charges or just at certain particularly expensive restaurants? $225 may not cover a dinner for two at Bartolotta. :D

OverThereTooMuch Apr 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch (Post 16262412)

Found it. After entering in your dates and selecting a room type, you'll see a mention of the Resort Fee.

The resort fee is only applicable to reservations for the following room types: Wynn Las Vegas Deluxe Resort King, Wynn Las Vegas Deluxe Panoramic View, Encore Las Vegas Panoramic Suite King, Encore Las Vegas Panoramic Suite Double Queen, Encore Las Vegas Resort Suite King and Encore Las Vegas Resort Suite Double Queen

Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas (Post 16263885)
They were still charging folks who were on the TS side, but in a base room, the standard resort fee.

This is Vegas, which means it's all subject to change at a moment's notice.

And that's why you always print out (or since it's Earth Day, take a screenshot of ;)) the fine print any time you make a reservation.

Amicus Apr 22, 2011 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch (Post 16264996)
Found it. After entering in your dates and selecting a room type, you'll see a mention of the Resort Fee.

And that's why you always print out (or since it's Earth Day, take a screenshot of ;)) the fine print any time you make a reservation.

Thanks for the clarification. Since we are staying in one of the regular rooms listed, and knew I was paying the resort fee on the comped stay, I erroneously thought every room type incurred the fee.
Which leads me to a minor gripe: on comped stays at the Venetian, the resort fee had always been waived. Not true for our Wynn offer.

xray Apr 24, 2011 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by irmster (Post 16240884)

Exec suites are slightly larger than the regular TS rooms. They are on the Tower Suites side. I guess it depends on how much money you think you will spend on F&B each day....