Wiki Posts
Search

Driving from Tropicana hotel to Comdex

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2002, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Driving from Tropicana hotel to Comdex

I will have a rental car for the first time in a long while in Vegas, so I need to get from the Tropicana hotel to Comdex. I hear that avoiding the strip is a good idea, so what is the best route I should take?

Comdex starts at 10am the day I am going, what is a good time to leave Tropicana to ensure I get there, park, and are waiting at the door at 10am?

Thanks for the input
Old Nov 8, 2002, 2:39 pm

My personal suggestion is avoid Las Vegas Blvd. Too many lights and tourists. Go the back way. I like to go behind the MGM on the service road that paralels the Strip to E. Harmon. Right on East Harmon to Paradise Rd (you'll see the Hard Rock Cafe). Left on Paradise Rd and follow it until you see the Las Vegas Conv Ctr.

Sadly, the COMDEX folks have "rented" out the best part of the main city run parking area across from the LVCC to Mercedees Benz, so the lot now fills up quickly. You'll want to get there early if you want a decent space. Parking in other lots is available for a higher fee.

Want more tips:

http://www.biztrip.com/COMDEX

[This message has been edited by businesstraveler (edited 11-08-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.