Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

Vegas Hotels- charge for 3+ people in a room?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2002, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PLAT

I noticed that several of the Vegas strip hotels specifically have a $25-30 per day charge for everyone over two people in a room. I made our reservation in good faith for two people, but now my mother is visiting us and I noticed this charge after reviewing the reservation terms on the websites.

Is this enforced? Would it be best to play dumb if someone notices? Primarily concerned about the Luxor and/or Paris. Are there any quality strip hotels that don't have additional charges for a 3rd person?

The $30 is a major issue but of course I would rather spend it at an upgraded property if one doesn't charge for additional people.
Old Oct 4, 2002, 10:13 am

most hotels will charge for people over 2, just not vegas...don't sweat it I don't think anyone will care...just don't check it with 3 people...ask for 4 keys and you'll be fine. These strip hotels are so big, they'd never notice if there were actually 3 people staying in one room...save the $30 for a upgrade or a couple extra bets...
Old Oct 4, 2002, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Like jiggs said, most of the strip properties are so big they aren't going to notice how many people are staying in the room, and they forget you the second they hand you your room keys.

Just tell them how many keys you want at checkin and that there are only two of you staying in the room (if they ask). Just make up some story about liking to keep two keys on yourself or putting one in your wallet and taking the other to the pool or something stupid like that. Again, that's only if they ask, because they rarely do.

You should be fine.

d
Old Oct 5, 2002, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, Las Vegas seems hung up on this occupancy thing. It is about the only city where every time I check in, I am asked "and how many adults will be staying in the room MisterNice?" then "and how many keys will you be needing?"

MisterNice
Old Oct 5, 2002, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MisterNice:
Yeah, Las Vegas seems hung up on this occupancy thing. It is about the only city where every time I check in, I am asked "and how many adults will be staying in the room MisterNice?" then "and how many keys will you be needing?"

MisterNice
</font>
Really? I've actually never been asked. If anything, at $30/day while, high, that's not the highest I've evaded. Some places want close to $100/night for extra people over two. You bring in four people and you've jacked up your room rate by an extra $200 a night? I don't think so.

I could get two rooms at another hotel for that much money. If hotels were more reasonable with the charge, like $10/person, I'd oblige. Otherwise forget it. Having more than 2 people in a room doesn't increase the cost for the hotel at all either, that extra fee is all profit.

d
Old Oct 5, 2002, 11:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My last stay in Las Vegas was at the Luxor. We had 3 people in our room. They asked the name of any other adults staying in the room and I gave them one other name. They asked how many keys and I said 3. No questions asked just got a nice "enjoy your stay."

Don't sweat it. Just have one person check in for the group. We had 2 double beds and didn't call up for rollaway. I am not sure if calling down for a rollaway bed would set off any alarms. If they question it just pay the fee and get over it.
Old Oct 6, 2002, 7:10 am

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
If you need an additional key, what we do, is we get two keys at checkin. Then an hour later we approach the desk, tell them I left my key in the room, show id and get a third key
Old Oct 7, 2002, 12:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Some properties, such as Mandalay Bay, require a separate room key for each person using the pool, regardless of age (this includes children no matter how young), and they enforce it.

The best deal I got was about 10 years ago at Exalibur, not long after it opened. We had 4 adults in the room. The base rate was $18, plus $9 for each extra adult, bringing the total to $36/night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.