Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

Caesars Palace - upgrading tips as Starwood Platinum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2002, 8:18 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle

Im going to be having two separate stays (two rooms per stay) at this property during the last week of September. Im shooting for modest upgrades (ie. not the super dooper suites), rooms at the renovated tower would be fine. I did not book the cheapest rates offered, and I went through the Platinum Concierge who dealt with the hotel directly (ie. no third party website booking, etc). Average per day room charge is $229.

Does anybody have any tips/advice that I should be aware of? Thanks.

------------------
Gaucho100K

[This message has been edited by Gaucho100K (edited 09-13-2002).]
Old Sep 13, 2002, 9:48 am
Original Member

Ask for Petite Suites in the Palace Tower.
Old Sep 13, 2002, 7:01 pm

Their participation in the SPG program is limited. Thus, they are not required to upgrade Gold or Platinum SPG's even when there are available upgrades.

7,750 Starpoints, however, would guarantee you a Palace Tower room, which is a "category 3 hotel room" combined with a "specialty 1 upgrade".

Saar
Old Sep 14, 2002, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last (and only) time I checked in there as a Gold, the guy asked me if it was my first time at the hotel.

I said "yes" and when he got on the phone to get a room assigned to me, he mentioned my SPG Gold status and that it was my first visit. I got upgraded to a pretty decent sized room with a jacuzzi; though I wasn't a big fan of the fact that there was no separation between the bathroom and bedroom at all. It seemed a little tacky to me.

d
Old Sep 15, 2002, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks for the tips.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Where do I need to book a room in order to assure that I pay a rate that is eligible for SPG points/stay credit? Any suggestions? It will be a late 2002 stay and I may be close to qualifying for status level, so I can't afford to take a chance.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

I suggest you call Starwood reservations directly.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Am I mistaken - - I thought that you could not book Caesar's through Starwood? I'll give it a try.
Old Sep 17, 2002, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
The humans at Starwood can book Caesars, not the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.