Search

Best Virtuoso property for family?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Best Virtuoso property for family?

Need 1-2 nights for a family trip in December (kids are 14 & 11). Want something with a heated pool (yes, I know it will be cold, my kids don't care) and some casual restaurant options. Narrowed the choices to:
  • Palazzo (Prestige lounge)
  • Wynn
  • Aria
  • Bellagio
  • Cosmopolitan
Wife likes Bellagio but we'd have to get 2 rooms as the basic rooms are small (& the highest rates). We also like Venetian/Palazzo which has large suites. Very curious about Aria and Cosmo, the latter has a nice pool. Wynn is cheapest for 2 rooms @$99 but probably out as it's too far down the strip. I have MLife Gold status which gets a few perks at Aria and Bellagio.

Death Valley is the main attraction but figured we might spend a night here before we head off to Furnace Creek Ranch.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
For heated pool and hot tubs, I'd definitely take the Wynn. However, not for casual dining! I like the walk from the Wynn, meander through the hotels to centre strip few slots on the way
Old Nov 11, 2020, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I'd probably rank Aria first and Bellagio second on your list. Cosmo doesn't seem too family friendly to me.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 1:16 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
We take our kids (a little younger than yours) to Bellagio every time. Good, big pool. You might look for MLife rates if you haven't already, as Bellagio may come out cheap enough that way that it's not worth using Virtuoso. That's how it shakes out for me every time, and I usually consider the same list of hotels you have. We usually get a 2-bd penthouse suite facing the fountains, though we tend to go lower season to get the cheapest rates. In terms of Covid: Easy route from elevators to pool with minimal social interaction, penthouse gives less elevator contention, and the hotel has a few good outdoor dining options facing the fountains. You might also consider the FS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.