Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

LAS Airport - Uber/Lyft Easier Pickup From T1 or T3?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAS Airport - Uber/Lyft Easier Pickup From T1 or T3?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Question LAS Airport - Uber/Lyft Easier Pickup From T1 or T3?

I'm going to be arriving on WN assuming in the C gates and won't have to pick up any luggage. Is it easier to get an Uber/Lyft at either T1 (where C is?) or at T3?

I should be able to take the tram to either the T1 or T3 arrivals area?

I think I remember at T1 you had to go through a garage etc. to get an Uber/Lyft.
b
Destination will be New York New York, assuming Uber is the best way.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I tried Uber on arrival once and I found it a scrum so vowed never again from the airport (everything else is Uber/Lyft all the way) but with the new flat fares (sort of) then it might not be worth the bother. This thread gives the details in case you weren't aware: Consolidated "Scenic taxi scam/longhauling - experiences, how to stop" thread
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:43 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I haven't taken U/L from T3, but I can tell you that T1 can indeed be rather congested.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I tried Uber on arrival once and I found it a scrum so vowed never again from the airport
How long ago, out of curiosity, and which terminal?

Originally Posted by redtop43
I haven't taken U/L from T3, but I can tell you that T1 can indeed be rather congested.
Sort of the opposite for me -- although I don't remember doing T1 in a while, as I usually arrive into D without checked luggage so head for T3 and my last few times have been pretty smooth as far as I recall.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Zorak
How long ago, out of curiosity, and which terminal?
International, about 2 years ago.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Originally Posted by jetsetter
I'm going to be arriving on WN assuming in the C gates and won't have to pick up any luggage. Is it easier to get an Uber/Lyft at either T1 (where C is?) or at T3?

I should be able to take the tram to either the T1 or T3 arrivals area?

I think I remember at T1 you had to go through a garage etc. to get an Uber/Lyft.
b
Destination will be New York New York, assuming Uber is the best way.
The T1 pickup improved about six months ago or so. You used to have to go up one level within the parking garage, creating a bottleneck at the elevators (or having to haul your luggage up a flight of stairs.) They have wisely moved the pickup zone to the same level as the skywalk from the terminal. So just go directly to the parking skywalk after exiting security (do not go down to baggage level) and you'll be right in the pickup zone.

It's usually about a 7-10 minute drive for drivers to get out of the queuing lot and into the pickup zone, so I'd request as soon as you're off the plane if you're looking to shave off some extra time.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by mizzou65201
The T1 pickup improved about six months ago or so. You used to have to go up one level within the parking garage...
That's good to know. T3 rideshare pickup is still down one level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.