Wiki Posts
Search

Hard Rock Hotel charging for package

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Hard Rock Hotel charging for package

I was just informed that the Hard Rock wants to charge $125 to receive a set of shipped golf clubs and another $125 to hold them.for ahipping pickup. The only place I have been charged by a hotel to do this is in Vegas and the most I have paid is $35 to receive tham and nothing to hold to ship.

The fee is beyond exorbitant. I will ship them directly to and from a golf course and will not stay at Hard Rock in the future.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Blatant Money Grab

Originally Posted by Bruce Fuentes
I was just informed that the Hard Rock wants to charge $125 to receive a set of shipped golf clubs and another $125 to hold them.for ahipping pickup. The only place I have been charged by a hotel to do this is in Vegas and the most I have paid is $35 to receive tham and nothing to hold to ship.

The fee is beyond exorbitant. I will ship them directly to and from a golf course and will not stay at Hard Rock in the future.
$125 each way??? Yes, totally out of line. Which Hard Rock property? I also suggest writing this up on Trip Advisor to alert other future guests to this money grab. You might check for local offices (UPS Store, FedEx/Kinko stores that might be willing to receive/ship the items. Even if you need to rent a box at a local UPS store for a month, it would be MUCH cheaper!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:08 am
Original Poster

This is Hard Rock Las Vegas. We will just ship to the first course we play at and picked up at last course. We like to ship to the hotel so that we do not have to haul around the shipping cases to and from the courses. With 4 guys in a car it is a hassle. I understand a fee being charged but $250? Going to post on trip advisor.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Bruce Fuentes
This is Hard Rock Las Vegas. We will just ship to the first course we play at and picked up at last course. We like to ship to the hotel so that we do not have to haul around the shipping cases to and from the courses. With 4 guys in a car it is a hassle. I understand a fee being charged but $250? Going to post on trip advisor.
I fully understand. My Dad got to the point his choice of car to buy was based upon being able to carry four guys and their clubs. Downsizing doesn't always work for everything.

Just for clarity, was the $250 for each set or all four? I know many properties are fighting back on excessive shipments and storage requests, especially for convention locations like Las Vegas. You're lucky to have found out about it before you shipped the clubs. You might check with the course(s) to make sure they are willing to accept responsibility to receive/ship your clubs. Again, might want to consider UPS Stores or FedEx/Kinkos locations. I see there is about a half dozen within shouting distance of the Hard Rock. Enjoy your rounds.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:31 am
Original Poster

For each set
Old Oct 20, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: HH Silver
It is Las Vegas. Nothing surprises me. A friend asked to have a bottle of Whiskey waiting in his room, I think at the Golden Nugget. There was some ridiculous amount like $250 surcharge on top of the marked up price of the booze. I work at a 5* hotel. We do not charge anything for either of those services. We receive, hold packages, and will go get you a bottle of whatever you want, at retail price.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Wow, that's a total ripoff. Even SkySuites only charged $20 when my buddy shipped his golf clubs in.

Aria does charge for outgoing dropoffs, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if other properties do the same. With a rental car, it's possible to just use a nearby FedEx Office or UPS Store to avoid the outgoing fee (but not one in a hotel - they'll charge a convenience fee if it's in a hotel).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.