Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

Can I Hang Out in T3 if I.m Flying Out of T1?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I Hang Out in T3 if I.m Flying Out of T1?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Question Can I Hang Out in T3 if I.m Flying Out of T1?

Hello.....I'm flying out of T1 but want to hang out at the Lounge at LAS T3 because they have a shower T1 lounge does not).
Can I enter the terminal with my T1 airline boarding pass?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
You can access T3 regardless - all terminals and concourses at LAS are now connected airside as the door between the boarding areas of the T1 Esplanade tram to C and the T1 Esplanade tram to D is now permanently open* as reported by various FT'ers earlier this year (see, e.g., [1], [2], etc.).

I do occasionally get questioned by TSA when entering security at T3 with an AA boarding pass (AA gates are in T1-D and the check-in counters are in T1) but I've never actually been prevented from entering, so if you will have a T1-D BP you should be fine. Perhaps other FT'ers can comment on entering at T3 with a T1-A/B/C BP, but so long as the door between the C and D trams is permanently open now, I don't see why TSA could reasonably block entry.

*(For reference if you're unfamiliar with LAS, T1 Concourses A/B/C are all connected airside and T1 Concourse D is connected to T3 by an airside tram, but previously pax could not freely move between the T3/T1-D area and the T1-A/B/C area without having TSA open a locked door between the Esplanade tram boarding areas).

Last edited by gengar; Sep 29, 2015 at 9:49 pm
Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:02 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
OP: You should have no problem. I did it last week. Safe and happy travels.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
By being connected airside, does that mean passengers only need to clear security once if going between the terminals?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by InTokyo
By being connected airside, does that mean passengers only need to clear security once if going between the terminals?
Correct.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Agree with above - all terminals are interconnnected now with trams. Go through security at any terminal, access them all.

If your ticket is questioned at T3 security for any reason, just tell 'em you parked in T3 economy because it's cheaper and closer than T1 long term or economy parking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.