Wiki Posts
Search

Skipping the Cab Line at McCarran?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 2:14 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Total Rewards removed the FREE* limo perk for 7*--so I had to use a cab. I arrived around 2 pm (T2), you walk through a "snaked" route--but once you got to the curb, you got a cab immediately.^
It took about 15 minutes to get to Caesars Palace--with fare (+$3.00 airport surcharge[only from MC NOT to]) and tip = $21.00.
*I still gave the limo driver a $20 tip, so it comes out even.
Old May 11, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
CARSON CITY – Nevada senators passed a bill Monday that would allow ride-hailing companies such as Uber to operate while raising tens of millions of dollars to help the state budget shortfall.

Senators voted 18-1 for AB175, which would create regulations for “transportation network companies” that allow people to hail a ride using a smartphone. The proposal had failed twice, including in a vote on Friday.

Democrats who voted against the proposal last week said they doubted proponents’ assertion that a tax on cab and Uber rides would raise $100 million and wanted time to verify the projection.

ARTICLE: http://www.rgj.com/story/news/politi...irms/27153273/

This is great news, especially for Locals. It is very hard to get a cab to pick you up at your house or off the Strip/Downtown. Stick it to those greedy cab companies.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold
This would be great, just in time for a trip to Vegas I have coming up in October.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/tr...eets-labor-day
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: www.blonde4ever.yuku.com
I usually take a regular shuttle,,,,Showtime or one of those companies. It takes a little longer, but the price is one flat rate (9.50 from LAS to downtown) and you can relax and not worry about being tunneled or driven all over hell's half acre to drive up the price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.