Wiki Posts
Search

Cirque du Soleil Show vs. La Reve

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Cirque du Soleil Show vs. La Reve

Guys help me out. Will be and my gf. Trying to pick the best show but the choices are vast and the reviews are all over the place. It seems like each show is based on everyone's personal preferences.

Help me pick. La Reve vs. Mystere vs. Ka vs. O
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
I have not seen La Reve, however, if this is your first Cirque du Soleil show, I would stick to either Mystere or Ka and I personally would lean toward Mystere. Only consider O if you're willing to spring for the really good tickets, that theatre is huge.

Last edited by SWCPHX; Jan 21, 2015 at 5:48 am
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: CX GO, TSA Pre✓ Afflictions: TSASS
I've been to most of the Cirque shows, and out of all of them my favorite is Mystere, which also happens to be the cheapest. And the best seats are the farthest from the stage, way up in the nosebleed section, somewhere around the middle.

Next is probably O and way down the list La Reve.

However, if I was heading to LV with my GF and I could only see one show it wouldn't be any of those, I'd pick Absinthe for sure. Check the reviews (again, get the cheap seats).
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:12 am

Mystere is great and as a bonus cheaper than the others. Some rave about Ka, I personally thought it was kind of boring (though the theater and sets are stunning).
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks guys, going to go with Mystere since I've never seen a Cirque Vegas show before. Plus the cost is the bonus factor.

I was somewhat interested in the Michael Jackson One show but the cost is absolutely ridiculous.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Another vote here for Mystere.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:27 am

Mystere would be my pick as well since it is your first Cirque show.

FWIW, people that have seen La Reve seem to love it and prefer it over Cirque shows. I'm hoping to see it sometime this spring if I can find a good deal.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/sh...as/offers.aspx
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Indeed. Got some L3, section 203, close to the right edge. Great deal!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by RevJim
I've been to most of the Cirque shows, and out of all of them my favorite is Mystere, which also happens to be the cheapest. And the best seats are the farthest from the stage, way up in the nosebleed section, somewhere around the middle.

Next is probably O and way down the list La Reve.

However, if I was heading to LV with my GF and I could only see one show it wouldn't be any of those, I'd pick Absinthe for sure. Check the reviews (again, get the cheap seats).
Heh, I would also pick Mystere out of all the Cirque shows, but would pick Absinthe over any of those. O was impressive when I saw it but it just have too many things going on. I like to look at one thing at a time. Mystere has a good story and feel a lot more personal. But Absinthe was amazing. We sit like 10 feet away from the center. It is almost like a private show.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
JMHO

My preference:

Ka
Mystere
LeReve
O
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by thebat
Ka
Mystere
LeReve
O
I liked KA best as it has a clearer story line than the other three.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:40 pm

I watched Ka and La Reve last year and I must say I prefer Le Reve @ Wynn. Although Ka has a better story line but Le Reve has more eye candies, thanks to their excellent lighting and water effects. The show was really mesmerizing and I think worth the price.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RevJim
Nice suggestions! I will be watching my first Cirque show this weekend, Mystere. Picked out seats in the middle section liked suggested and saved some $$ as well with their current promo. About $65 for cat 3 seating on the home page.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bgriz18
Nice suggestions! I will be watching my first Cirque show this weekend, Mystere. Picked out seats in the middle section liked suggested and saved some $$ as well with their current promo. About $65 for cat 3 seating on the home page.
I think I got the same seats. I was obsessed with finding good seats but then as soon as I walked in to the arena, I realized that all seats were good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.