Wiki Posts
Search

Security delays at LAS? for inbound??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, AS Gold, Marriott Plat, SPG, ICH
Security delays at LAS? for inbound??

Jan 25, 2012, 9:20pm. From FAA site: Due to OTHER / SECURITY, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, Las Vegas, NV (LAS). To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".

What does this mean?
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I'm guessing that's code for the President's landing so everybody else has to get out of his way. http://www.lvrj.com/news/las-vegas-t...138069108.html
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:28 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Moving this thread to the Las vegas forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (Nokia E71-2: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71-2/200.21.118; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

I was at LAS on the 25th, waiting for my departing flight in the D Concourse - operations were suspended for about an hour somewhere in the 18:15 to 19:15 range.

A few minutes after landings and departures stopped, I saw Air Force One land on the main east to west runway. I couldn't see where the plane parked, but maybe 20 to 30 minutes later I saw the flashing lights of the motorcade as it made its way out of the airport. Within 5 minutes, landings and departures resumed (my flight was about 50 minutes late in leaving).

Last edited by Non-NonRev; Feb 1, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.