Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Korean Air Inflight Catering

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Korean Air Inflight Catering

I can't find a thread for posting inflight catering photos on the KE forum, so I thought I'd start one - mods please feel free to move this post if there is an existing thread I can't locate!

KE895
ICN-PVG
Economy Class
November 2023

This was my first (and so far only) experience of flying Korean Air, and for a short regional Y sector I thought this Korean style pork short rib was fine. Being mainly used to intra-European sectors when flying Y, I was particularly impressed with the metal cutlery, although I realise this is the norm amongst full service Asian carriers.

karlkim, HawaiiO, kijhkijh and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Genius1; Mar 29, 2024 at 11:46 am
Old Mar 31, 2024, 5:41 am

KE also used to also serve wine in Y in a real glass for Europe/US flights, before stopping since COVID. They claim it was difficult to safely manage such a quantity of glass.

Btw, great thread. Will try and contribute.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 6:19 am

ICN to SIN in Prestige class
KE does steak filet very well surprisingly.
Not overcooked unlike other airlines.

Old Mar 31, 2024, 6:23 am

ICN to SIN in prestige class
Unfortunately didnt take pic of menu

Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:25 pm

Nice, I was looking for something like this too! I'll contribute as well when I take my flights in May.

Long shot here... Anyone pre-ordered kids meals? Really curious what they are like as I'll have a toddler with me. We'll be in prestige for our long haul flights from SEA to ICN.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by justjuleshere
Nice, I was looking for something like this too! I'll contribute as well when I take my flights in May.

Long shot here... Anyone pre-ordered kids meals? Really curious what they are like as I'll have a toddler with me. We'll be in prestige for our long haul flights from SEA to ICN.
pre-ordered kids meal for economy long haul (LAX to ICN) and it was worth it IMO.
the kids meals came out first before they started meal service for the rest of the cabin, and the extra time was helpful.
they also had bamboo wood utensils instead of the metal ones for regular meals, and more kid-targeted dessert and snacks (bananas during snack times, etc.).
the meal options for flights out of the US were generic (hot dog, spaghetti, etc.) and the options for flights out of ICN (e.g., bulgogi) seemed better.

not sure how it works for Prestige class however. traveled a couple years ago with a toddler in Prestige and don't remember if we preordered the toddler meal, I just remember my toddler getting the regular meal and feeling like it was semi ridiculous (the salmon appetizer, the cheese course, etc... I ended up eating double and my kid ended up just filling up later on the sandwich/pizza snacks lol).
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by lechamber
pre-ordered kids meal for economy long haul (LAX to ICN) and it was worth it IMO.
the kids meals came out first before they started meal service for the rest of the cabin, and the extra time was helpful.
they also had bamboo wood utensils instead of the metal ones for regular meals, and more kid-targeted dessert and snacks (bananas during snack times, etc.).
the meal options for flights out of the US were generic (hot dog, spaghetti, etc.) and the options for flights out of ICN (e.g., bulgogi) seemed better.

not sure how it works for Prestige class however. traveled a couple years ago with a toddler in Prestige and don't remember if we preordered the toddler meal, I just remember my toddler getting the regular meal and feeling like it was semi ridiculous (the salmon appetizer, the cheese course, etc... I ended up eating double and my kid ended up just filling up later on the sandwich/pizza snacks lol).
Thanks for the input! I will definitely be ordering the kids meal for my toddler. I can't imagine them getting a full course and even wanting to eat any of it. Maybe just the rice from the bibimbop and dessert 😂 And I definitely would not want to double eat. I'll try to remember to take photos of the kids meal and amenities.​​​

Oh and if you don't mind me asking, how did your toddler do in prestige? Our flight back is via ICN>LAX on the a380 upper deck in the older sleepers vs Apex suites on our flight out from SEA.

Last edited by justjuleshere; Apr 2, 2024 at 11:58 pm
Old Apr 21, 2024, 3:59 am

Prestige Menu Pre order

Hi there, any suggestion/experience with these options? I was honestly hoping for bibimbap…

Old Apr 21, 2024, 6:35 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by gsberlin
Hi there, any suggestion/experience with these options? I was honestly hoping for bibimbap…

these are most likely the special pre order meals only meaning not regular menu

BUT if you check the app there is a section for checking your meal

And bibimbap is available 99% of the time lol

also - get the spicy beef bulgogi it is amazing for airplane food and also my favorite Korean food flavor with the wraps etc
gsberlin and karlkim like this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 9:03 am

Beef tenderloin is surprisingly good.
KE never overcooks the beef if Medium is specified.
I always get this dish.

Beef shortribs and bulgolgi look good too.
gsberlin likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 10:00 pm

I've tried everything in the picture at least once - I was not a fan of the Chinese style stir fried chicken and wouldn't recommend it, but everything else was good.
gsberlin and karlkim like this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 10:41 am

Thanks for the comments & recommendation, highly appreciated!
Old Apr 27, 2024, 11:01 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
This may be a dumb question...

We're flying SEA-ICN in a week, Prestige Class on a 777-300ER, and looking forward to it. I can login on KE.com, access our booking, and there's an option to choose "in-flight meal selection". The options listed are simply "Special in-flight meals" or "Not requested. If I select "Special" the options are Vegetarian, Religious, Controlled Diet, etc. If you select one of those, you can choose fruit, etc. But there are no options (at least none that I can see) to select the non-special meal options.

If I simply follow the higher-level menu to "In-Flight > In-Flight Service > In-flight Meals > click Prestige class, enter departure/arrival cities, date etc., I see there will be a First Meal, a Second Meal, and the choices for Korean/Western/Western (Bibimbap, grilled beef tenderloin, roasted cod).

But I see no place to specify my choice there, either. Does that man that they will load enough that I'm more-or-less guaranteed the meal of my choice (that seems unlikely), or am I missing the option somewhere?

Once I check-in (which now appears to be an available option, at T-7 days...I have not checked in yet), will I then be able to choose meal options? Or will that not be available until I'm actually seated on the plane?

Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 8:52 am

[--deleted--]

Last edited by karlkim; Apr 30, 2024 at 8:54 am Reason: double post
Old Apr 30, 2024, 8:53 am

Every prestige class review on YouTube I have watched always have bibimbap available, so I think you can skip the pre-order and select it on the flight.

Last edited by karlkim; Apr 30, 2024 at 9:00 am Reason: wrong reply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.