Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ICN arrivals lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2023, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

ICN arrivals lounge

Flying KE in Prestige class. I have a long layover in ICN and plan on taking advantage of the airport touring options to Seoul. Is there an arrivals lounge with a shower available to Prestige passengers in Terminal 2?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:57 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
There is no specific arrivals lounge. You just use the standard lounge airside when you go back through and pass security. There are also free showers for the general public transit passengers (not for those originating in ICN, you gotta prove you're transiting). You can't use these on arrival of course because you have to pass immigration to get out. Can't enter transit area then leave.

They used to try to pass off some BS at the Grand Hyatt as an arrivals lounge - but that is a huge waste of time to actually go to the hotel and use their sauna facilities.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Unfortunately it seems like neither would work. We couldn’t use the airside lounge on arrival and then exit the airport and immigration, etc. For the same reason, even though we are transiting, we will have exited the transit area on arrival. It’s not like we could act as transit passengers on arrival, shower, and then leave the transit area/immigration/etc. Thanks again.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Deleted

Last edited by flyerwma; Feb 23, 2023 at 3:47 am Reason: Accidental dupe
Old Feb 23, 2023, 4:55 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerwma
Thanks. Unfortunately it seems like neither would work. We couldn’t use the airside lounge on arrival and then exit the airport and immigration, etc. For the same reason, even though we are transiting, we will have exited the transit area on arrival. It’s not like we could act as transit passengers on arrival, shower, and then leave the transit area/immigration/etc. Thanks again.
Originally Posted by flyerwma
Flying KE in Prestige class. I have a long layover in ICN and plan on taking advantage of the airport touring options to Seoul. Is there an arrivals lounge with a shower available to Prestige passengers in Terminal 2?
Then how do you plan on "taking advantage of the airport touring options to Seoul"??? I believe they're only available to transiting passengers airside.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sol95
Then how do you plan on "taking advantage of the airport touring options to Seoul"??? I believe they're only available to transiting passengers airside.
They tell me that that the T2 "Transit Tour Desk is located near Gate 3 on the 1st Floor (after passing immigration)." I don't think we could exit the plane in ICN, go to an airside lounge, and then somehow exit airside/go through immigration to get to the Transit Tour Desk. Would seem to me that we have to exit like non-transit passengers/passengers with ICN as their final destination. (And arrange for a Korean ETA before arrival.)
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: Korean Air SKYPASS Morning Calm Club, Asiana Club Diamond
I have, on a rare occasion, too hastily gone from the arrival pre-immigration area to international transfer (+security), and once in the regular departures area (where you would have access to transiting lounges like normal), ask the transfer desk if I can reverse back through security, to the pre-immigration area (to see a friend in the pre-immigration area, who was arriving, but entering the country). I just said I wanted to enter the country for like 10 minutes to see a friend at the airport. This was back in 2016 and when KE+OZ were in one gigantic T1 (ignoring the T1 concourse A gates 200+ for a moment). I'm sure something similar is possible today.

You could potentially use that to just enter the country after you transfer and shower, although it is a bit of a back-and-forth.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rwong48
I'm sure something similar is possible today.

You could potentially use that to just enter the country after you transfer and shower, although it is a bit of a back-and-forth.
Thank you -- you've actually hit it on the head. I made contact with the ICN Transit Tour Team. They've advised that there is another Transit Tour Desk airside on the 3rd Floor, East side (see map) not far from Gate 268 and that the staff there can assist with passing security and immigration to join the tour. We just need to be at that desk one hour before the tour time (presumably to allow time to clear immigration). So now I just have to research the KE lounges applicable for Prestige passengers in that area.

Thanks to all.

3F, East side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.