Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Connecting Korean to Hawaiian at Incheon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2023, 10:53 pm
prh
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Plus; One World Emerald

In the near future, I expect to fly in Business/Prestige from SGN to ICN on Korean and then transfer to Hawaiian to HNL. Will I be able to check my bags through? I’ll have over four hours to make my connection, but I’d prefer not to have to collect my bags, go through customs, re-check my bags, and then go through security again. Would it matter if I took Vietnam instead of Korean?
Old Jan 24, 2023, 6:56 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by prh
In the near future, I expect to fly in Business/Prestige from SGN to ICN on Korean and then transfer to Hawaiian to HNL. Will I be able to check my bags through? I’ll have over four hours to make my connection, but I’d prefer not to have to collect my bags, go through customs, re-check my bags, and then go through security again. Would it matter if I took Vietnam instead of Korean?
I don't have experience with this, but from looking on ExpertFlyer both KE and VN may check baggage to HA. Whether or not it will actually work at SGN, YMMV.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Definitely possible on a single ticket, as spouse did so late last year. If separately ticketed, I don’t know.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 4:50 pm
prh
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Plus; One World Emerald
Originally Posted by WrightHI
Definitely possible on a single ticket, as spouse did so late last year. If separately ticketed, I don’t know.

It’s separate tix. The Hawaiian flight is with points.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 2:24 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
All you can do is ask at check in. Because you're also at the mercy of the outstation agent. The problem is the separate tickets. They absolutely transfer any bags through ICN on one ticket, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.