Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Oversized baggage - how closely checked chicago

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2020, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star

So I am considering bringing a new TV bag from the USA as even with oversized bag fee it’s cheaper than where I am in Asia ( will be voltage ok)

a 55 in tv in the usa has a shipping box of total dimension of 234 cm

the limit for oversized bag on KE is 204 cm

we are three flying in prestige

how closely does KE check that baggage dimensions when trying to check it in?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:56 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Absolutely expect them to notice something too big, especially a TV. They'll want to check it haha. It's not common like a bag where they would overlook it more easily. That being said, if you said it's cheaper to pay it - then just wait until you get to the airport and pay it there if they ask (same price online or at airport).
Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by chichow
So I am considering bringing a new TV bag from the USA as even with oversized bag fee it’s cheaper than where I am in Asia ( will be voltage ok)

a 55 in tv in the usa has a shipping box of total dimension of 234 cm

the limit for oversized bag on KE is 204 cm

we are three flying in prestige

how closely does KE check that baggage dimensions when trying to check it in?
Have you checked the broadcast system compatibility? You may not be able to watch TV programs if the destination country is using a different system, which is likely. This is not an issue if you are watching video via HDMI / VGA connections only.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:33 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by t_cliff
Have you checked the broadcast system compatibility? You may not be able to watch TV programs if the destination country is using a different system, which is likely. This is not an issue if you are watching video via HDMI / VGA connections only.
Turns out South Korea is one of the countries using ATSC format for HDTV broadcasting, same as USA.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:D..._standards.svg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.