Wiki Posts
Search

Bassinet on codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Bassinet on codeshare

Hello, I'm hoping for some advice on this bassinet debacle I have going on.

I booked, through DL, the following route: San-LAX-ICN. The ICN leg is operated by KE. During booking I confirmed through DL that once my child is born, I'd be able to add them as an infant and have a bassinet seat. Fast forward to today, DL is saying they cannot assign bassinet seats and can only attach a request on my ticket. I contacted KE to confirm the request was added but was told it won't matter because they can't give bassinet seats if I'm on a code share reservation. The rep said the only way I could have a bassinet seat is by either canceling the reservation and rebooking through KE, or flying on DL metal only.

Anyone have a similar experience or advice on how to handle this? I'd really hate being stuck without a bassinet with a 2 month old
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Oh they'll bump somebody out of the seat so you can have a bassinet at check-in. This is the risk of all people in the bulkhead and the "handicap seats." You can and totally often are bumped out. Not to mention that the pre-select thing is not big in Korea/Asia. And yes, unfortunately Korean Air can't do much on codeshare tickets. For instance, I flew Korean Air once with my BF who was a Morning Calm "Elite" Member. We flew a Korean Air plane, checked in at a Korean Air counter - but the ticket was booked through Japan Airlines. We were denied literally any benefit and perk and were sat at the far back of the plane haha!
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
I was able to resolve this issue and posted my full experience over in the Delta subforum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.